Thread: Heavily oxidized fender flares

Heavily oxidized fender flares

Iím detailing a Jeep for a friend and his fender flares are incredibly oxidized. Are there any suggestions on a product to use to clear up the oxidization before putting a trim product on. Itís a porous plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by e_swan23 View Post
    Iím detailing a Jeep for a friend and his fender flares are incredibly oxidized. Are there any suggestions on a product to use to clear up the oxidization before putting a trim product on. Itís a porous plastic.
    I own a Jeep Wrangler and I detail cars for a living. Jeep plastic is the worst to treat. I have tried every product. I believe that fender plastic spray paint is the only thing that is going to make Jeep plastic look acceptable again.

Quote Originally Posted by e_swan23 View Post
    I’m detailing a Jeep for a friend and his fender flares are incredibly oxidized. Are there any suggestions on a product to use to clear up the oxidization before putting a trim product on. It’s a porous plastic.
    Park the Jeep in the sun to heat up the flares to open up the pores. Pull it in the shade and start scrubbing with the CG Heavy Bug & Tar Wash, rinse off and dry. Heat up the flare with a blow dryer or heat gun, making sure it's not too hot. Condition with New Look Trim gel, this will help prolong the appearance.