Thread: Black Light V07 Perfection

Black Light V07 Perfection

First post so here it goes. I finally got around to giving my 2017 Yukon SLT a complete detail. Washed, clayed and polished as usual. Different this time, I applied Black Light after polishing and then topped off with V07 and WOW, it's a mirror and I haven't applied any wax yet. I just love how they play very nice in the sandbox together. I had used V07 by itself and it was ok, with Black Light - holy cow it's amazing. The color is Iridium Metallic which was simply brought to life with the application combo. The metallic dances as the light hits it and depth is amazing. Here are a few pics taken with my phone so I hope you can see how deep and rich the paint looks. First post - sorry a bit long....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, that looks great! I have the exact same technique that you do, except I follow it up with a P40 instead of the V07. These results are phenomenal. One of these days, I want to try the Black Luminous Glow Infusion for an even greater shine. Keep it up and can't wait for your next post!

Quote Originally Posted by Javier View Post
    Wow, that looks great! I have the exact same technique that you do, except I follow it up with a P40 instead of the V07. These results are phenomenal. One of these days, I want to try the Black Luminous Glow Infusion for an even greater shine. Keep it up and can't wait for your next post!
    Thanks - there is so much to learn and everyone has an opinion on the "best product" so I started with these and can now play with new products.....I'll give P40 a go and see how that works too. The CG's stuff seems to play very nicely with each other and I love that!

Here is a more complete image of the truck. Fun stuff for sure and I'm looking forward to learning a thing or two.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My jaw dropped, heart beating fast, it's like the first time that girl walked in the room. On behalf of everyone in the Chemical Guys think tank, we welcome you to the forum. She looks like she's ready for a beauty pageant, excellent job my friend. You made a great choice in products. I would use Blacklight if I had a dark car, mine is Silver so I decided to use EZ Cream Glaze. I'm a fan of the Butter Wet Wax as well. Feel free to ask us any questions you have about detailing, techniques, and share your photos with us. Detailing isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle.

I have a black Dodge Dart GT this is my line up Black Light soap>Black Light Finish>Jet Seal>Butter Wet Wax

Welcome to the forum. The look of your Yukon turned out spectacular, real nice job on the work! You can really see those flakes in your paint, so cool!

I've got silver paint and have found White Light really brings out the flakes in the paint. Topped with a wax and then V07 brings out more colors of the flakes and REALLY makes them pop. Pete's 53 is my wax choice or the Extreme Depth Liquid Carnauba. I like 50/50 as well but find Pete's 53 sooooo easy to apply, almost as easy as a liquid wax, but with longer lasting effects.