Thread: Poor customer service kept getting hung up on

Angry Poor customer service kept getting hung up on

I tried calling earlier this afternoon 3 times the 4th time a guy answered I asked him about v36 and he hung up on me so I called 3 more times and got the same guy I finally got my question asked about v36 he answered and hung up on me again not happy. I would grade him as a F-.

The question was why v36 was dusting on me. That guy told me to use 3 drops and use water.

So after you apply four drops and spray the pad how many drops do you use with v36, v38, glaze and jet seal?

Yeah its tough to keep coming back when there are other companies that will really interact and help customers on the phone, message boards, private messages, send out free samples for reviews, etc. I like many of CG's products, and I know that Javier is trying on this board, but they really need to work harder with personal service, not just videos, if they want to keep up with the Florida and NY companies that are kicking ass in customer service and sales promotions right now.

You want to start off by cleaning the pads using pad cleaner, then apply 3 to 5 dime sized drops to your pad and mist two sprays of pad conditioner to lubricate the pad, as well as the polish. Typically if the pad is spinning too fast on a dual action, which is caused by lack of pressure, it can generate heat that'll desiccate it. If you're using a rotary and it's drying out the compound or polish, the speed is too high.

I apologize for the interaction you had with our customer service. I'm with the Media team but you can always trust in me here in the forum or on YouTube to help any way I can. Also, Nick is much more knowledgeable than I am and he handles our Facebook, he'd also be more than willing to help as well.

I was using the torq 10fx on speed setting 6. I was calling because I was in the middle of trying to polish my car. How many drops do you use after the first 4-5 drops?

that guy answered saying customer service didn't even say what his name was like the other times that I had called they told me their first name and was much nicer then this last one.

Yes and no, depends on how large the section of the panel you are working on is because you don't want to use too much or too little. For example, let's say you're doing a section of a door, 4 or 5 will work perfectly, but if you do a small section like the left side of the bumper, 3 dots may suffice. It's all a judgement call and it comes with experience and practice with different cars. I'm sure Kirk would agree that he wasn't an excellent detailer starting out but with years of practice, he's a darn good detailer. Polishing takes patience.

I wish you guys could travel to different cities and host a detailing class for the ones that don't live close to your locations. I would
    atten one of your classes if you could come to west central IL.

Quote Originally Posted by Javier View Post
    Yes and no, depends on how large the section of the panel you are working on is because you don't want to use too much or too little. For example, let's say you're doing a section of a door, 4 or 5 will work perfectly, but if you do a small section like the left side of the bumper, 3 dots may suffice. It's all a judgement call and it comes with experience and practice with different cars. I'm sure Kirk would agree that he wasn't an excellent detailer starting out but with years of practice, he's a darn good detailer. Polishing takes patience.

It's an art, not a science.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstang17 View Post
    I wish you guys could travel to different cities and host a detailing class for the ones that don't live close to your locations. I would
    atten one of your classes if you could come to west central IL.
    I hear ya, that would be very cool to do a cross country tour and do some 2 day classes. In all honesty, the five day course is the way to go, a lot of really great topics to cover, you get a lot of hands on experience as well. It's a shame that we don't have more locations in other states, we're growing stronger every day.