Thread: Carbon Flex C9

Carbon Flex C9

Well I took advantage of the 30% off sale and picked up C9 coatings. Basically with the discount, I paid full price for the C9 and got the trim coating for free. I was going to pick up only the trim coating since I've seen a couple of good reviews here on it. My vehicle sits outside 24/7 and the black trim is a pain in the you know what to keep looking good, C9 seems to be the longest lasting product giving great results. Well then I thought, why not go all in and pick it up for the rest of the vehicle.

So I know I'll need to wash and then use clay bar to decontaminate. Here in lies my questions. Do I put the C9 right on the freshly decontaminated paint? I'm confused on where the C9 fits in to my full detail routine. I'd Imagine I can top it off with Wax as usual, but unsure if it goes on bare paint or applied over top of the White Light. I'm inclined to believe towards OVER White Light, then topped with wax? Would Jet Seal over the C9 be redundant?

My full detail revolves around the CG Flow Chart, I do the following for full detail:

Wash
    Clay
    White Light
    Jet Seal
    50/50 or Pete's 53
    V07 Detail Spray

All thoughts on this and any tips regarding applying C9 are most appreciated.

No glaze or sealant with the C9 coating. You need to wash, clay, polish, then wipe with isopropyl alcohol 15% solution and distilled water to remove polishing oils (or CG WipeOut).

Quote Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
    Well I took advantage of the 30% off sale and picked up C9 coatings. Basically with the discount, I paid full price for the C9 and got the trim coating for free. I was going to pick up only the trim coating since I've seen a couple of good reviews here on it. My vehicle sits outside 24/7 and the black trim is a pain in the you know what to keep looking good, C9 seems to be the longest lasting product giving great results. Well then I thought, why not go all in and pick it up for the rest of the vehicle.

So I know I'll need to wash and then use clay bar to decontaminate. Here in lies my questions. Do I put the C9 right on the freshly decontaminated paint? I'm confused on where the C9 fits in to my full detail routine. I'd Imagine I can top it off with Wax as usual, but unsure if it goes on bare paint or applied over top of the White Light. I'm inclined to believe towards OVER White Light, then topped with wax? Would Jet Seal over the C9 be redundant?

My full detail revolves around the CG Flow Chart, I do the following for full detail:

Wash
    Clay
    White Light
    Jet Seal
    50/50 or Pete's 53
    V07 Detail Spray

All thoughts on this and any tips regarding applying C9 are most appreciated.
    I don't see polishing on this list. You need to remove all your swirls and imperfections before coating, or you are just going to be protecting your swirls! You need a polisher like a TOrq or a Porter Cable, and use an orange pad with V34, and a white pad with V36.

Thanks for the comments. I should mention I've got a 2015 with paint that's in pretty good shape and I'm not doing this as a business venture, this is specifically weekend warrior driveway detailing. I've really not seen any swirls in it. I do want to get a polisher, and it seems like the Porter Cable is a good one for a beginner. I don't want to burn though paint

Definitely. Get you a PC and a kit from CG with pads and the V line of polishes and polish it! You should polish it annually. If you don't polish it, I'd put the coating away until you do and continue with your current procedure. That coating is expensive and if you are not going to prepare the surface, it's a waste of product.

The trim coating though is fantastic and doesn't require anything but cleaning the trim.