Thread: No Lube

No Lube

Can not believe I forgot to use the pad lube. I used the V-36 and the V-38 on the entire vehicle walked into the shop and saw the pad lube sitting on the work bench. My truck looks great not sure if I should go back and do anything. I did glaze, seal, and wax after the process I listed above.

No you're fine. The pad conditioner is not a requirement. It is BEST not to have any dry pad spots when you start up the machine, but if you put enough polish on the pad, that'll work.

Thanks for the reply.

I want to respectfully disagree with Kirk on this one. As he stated, it's not a requirement, but it's highly recommended because you are at less risk of adding any scratches and swirls. The main point I want to make is that less is more. The less polish you use is better because it will take less passes to polish and buff off and possibly overheating the surface. Also, it helps with fatigue if you have a very large detail job or long day. The pad conditioner allows you the luxury to add less polish and making it easier on yourself. These are just my two cents but in the end, it's whatever you're most comfortable with and what gives you the results that you're most satisfied with.

I have never seen any of the detailing "greats" use any conditioner on pads.

Some companies specifically say no other liquids except the polish (Meguiar's.)

That being said, I always use CG pad conditioner or even clay lube if the pad conditioner is not handy. I am the overly cautious.