Thread: Ceramic Pro or Traditional Detailing (and which products)?

Ceramic Pro or Traditional Detailing (and which products)?

Hello!

I recently purchased my dream truck, a 2017 Crew Cab Long Bed Duramax 3500HD. I told my self I would never own another thing that was black because it was so hard to keep nice, but I fell in love with the midnight edition package on this truck. I have always been fairly meticulous about my vehicles but I would also cheat and run them through the local car wash to save time when I was busy. When I traded in my red 1500, I could really see the number that car washes had done to it and all of the long scratches along the sides which I'm sure came from being washed.

I have been on the fence as to whether I should spend the money up front on ceramic pro or spend the money on quality detailing products and do it myself. I was quoted $1100 for the five year ceramic pro plan. The plus to this is I will not need to spend any time besides washing it to maintain it. However, it is a larger upfront cost. The alternative is to purchase detailing products and spend the time doing it myself every couple months.

Any thoughts from someone who has ceramic pro as to whether this would be a good route to go?

Quote Originally Posted by kdersh View Post
    Hello!

I was quoted $1100 for the five year ceramic pro plan. The plus to this is I will not need to spend any time besides washing it to maintain it. However, it is a larger upfront cost. The alternative is to purchase detailing products and spend the time doing it myself every couple months.

Any thoughts from someone who has ceramic pro as to whether this would be a good route to go?
    No ceramic coating lasts 5 years. That is absolute hogwash. I would run from that detail shop. Your best coating MAY last a year, depending on where you park your car, how much you drive, etc. I charge $350 for a coating job that includes decon, polishing and coating.

Do a LOT more reading here and on autogeek.net forum before you spend $1100.

Oh, and how long the coating lasts depends greatly on how gently you wash the truck.