Thread: Any new tips you want to share with us?

Any new tips you want to share with us?

This part of the forum has been a bit slow and we know many of you have a lot tips & tricks you use when detailing to make things easier. We want to inquire and see how so that we all can benefit and help each other out. Anyone have any helpful tips?

Get us started Javier. What's your tip for removing dried wax/sealant from plastic and tight crevices?

I'm going to have to go with my personal favorite, the Wipe Out Surface Cleanser Spray. Just like Frank's Red Hot, that (beep) goes on everything. It works wonders on plastics to remove that dried and caked wad. As for the tight crevices, since i have unusually fat hands it's difficult for me to get in there so i tend to use my wife's small hands! jk! First, you're going to want to make sure you have several microfiber towels just for this task. Here's the thing a lot of people don't know they can use: Q-Tips and toothpicks. Use the toothpick to break loose any wax residue that may be crusting edges. Don't push hard, you just want to run it back and forth in short strokes without jamming. For Q-Tips, soak it in the Wipe Out and with light pressure, work the q-tip along the edge. Be careful not to apply too much force as you will induce marring. Don't be afraid to take your time because these areas are very sensitive and require a good amount of dedication.

Your turn! Give us any quick tip you may have, Kirk.

a pink eraser works pretty well too.

OK here's my quick tip:

I put 1 oz. of EcoSmart in my wash bucket with the soap for extra lubricity. When I do a touchless wash, I put 1 oz of EcoSmart in my foam gun with the foaming soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Javier View Post
    I'm going to have to go with my personal favorite, the Wipe Out Surface Cleanser Spray. Just like Frank's Red Hot, that (beep) goes on everything. It works wonders on plastics to remove that dried and caked wad. As for the tight crevices, since i have unusually fat hands it's difficult for me to get in there so i tend to use my wife's small hands! jk! First, you're going to want to make sure you have several microfiber towels just for this task. Here's the thing a lot of people don't know they can use: Q-Tips and toothpicks. Use the toothpick to break loose any wax residue that may be crusting edges. Don't push hard, you just want to run it back and forth in short strokes without jamming. For Q-Tips, soak it in the Wipe Out and with light pressure, work the q-tip along the edge. Be careful not to apply too much force as you will induce marring. Don't be afraid to take your time because these areas are very sensitive and require a good amount of dedication.

Your turn! Give us any quick tip you may have, Kirk.
    Good tip. I tried it today to remove polish splatter from a truck bedliner and it worked well.

Nice!! How long was the process, if you don't mind me asking? It took me a heck of a lot of time when I did it haha.

The wipeout takes it right off, its just when it gets in the dimples of the bedliner it becomes more tedious.

I polished the inside of my truck windshield and spattered polish everywhere. I used wipeout to clean polish off the dash. It came off easily and left a good smell.