Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any products you're hesitant on trying out? Ask us about them!

Any products you're hesitant on trying out? Ask us about them!

Do you guys have any new products that you're thinking of getting soon but aren't totally sure about them yet? Feel free and ask Alex and I, we'd love to help and add new detailing weapons to your arsenal!

CG Javier

Carbon Flex C9. Please sell me on why I want to pay 3X the price of a good coating for C9.

Car wash/shampoos which one to use and when? It seems like there is a huge amount of overlap in the product line.

Hi Kirk,

We get a lot of kick for the pricing and why is it so high, but once people try it for themselves, they see how incredibly efficient it is.

I'll start with the most obvious and its most appealing characteristic, its long lasting durability. It's insane to think that it can provide up to 36 months of protection, so it turns out like 3 easy payments of 50$ per month. Add in the fact that the bottle has enough to coat 3-6 cars, depending on the size of the vehicle. 3 years for a minimum of 3 years turns out to be a little over 15$ per car per year. I dislike math as much as the next guy but I had to throw that in there.

To get into what it actually does: the protection it offers is unreal - against UV sunlight, all types of liquids, annoying bug splatters and bird droppings, protects against fading, oxidation, discoloration, corrosion, and more. The hydrophorbic self-cleaning effect allows water to rapidly glide off to remove contaminants while its flexible texture helps reject scratches and swirls. The C9 is all about protection and allowing the owner to feel at peace knowing he/she doesn't have to do so much all the time to protect their vehicle.

One of the things people forget is the fact that it's so easy-to-use. Even for a complete novice, it's simple to apply to the pad and gently go over the areas you want to protect. Although, we want to remind everyone to take caution and not spill or break the bottle because yup, its expensive.

To top it all off, the amount of time for it to cure is pretty damn fast when applied to paintwork, glass, clear plastic and polished metal surfaces. Hope this helps, Kirk!

Quote Originally Posted by Javier View Post
    Hi Kirk,

We get a lot of kick for the pricing and why is it so high, but once people try it for themselves, they see how incredibly efficient it is.

I'll start with the most obvious and its most appealing characteristic, its long lasting durability. It's insane to think that it can provide up to 36 months of protection, so it turns out like 3 easy payments of 50$ per month. Add in the fact that the bottle has enough to coat 3-6 cars, depending on the size of the vehicle. 3 years for a minimum of 3 years turns out to be a little over 15$ per car per year. I dislike math as much as the next guy but I had to throw that in there.

To get into what it actually does: the protection it offers is unreal - against UV sunlight, all types of liquids, annoying bug splatters and bird droppings, protects against fading, oxidation, discoloration, corrosion, and more. The hydrophorbic self-cleaning effect allows water to rapidly glide off to remove contaminants while its flexible texture helps reject scratches and swirls. The C9 is all about protection and allowing the owner to feel at peace knowing he/she doesn't have to do so much all the time to protect their vehicle.

One of the things people forget is the fact that it's so easy-to-use. Even for a complete novice, it's simple to apply to the pad and gently go over the areas you want to protect. Although, we want to remind everyone to take caution and not spill or break the bottle because yup, its expensive.

To top it all off, the amount of time for it to cure is pretty damn fast when applied to paintwork, glass, clear plastic and polished metal surfaces. Hope this helps, Kirk!
    Thanks for the reply. In my mobile detailing business, I have applied several different brands of coatings, Optimum, Cquartz, GTechniq, etc. Yes, they all will cover 3 vehicles. That's another problem, in my opinion. If it is 3 year protection, who needs enough for 3-6 vehicles??? That's 9-18 years protection (theoretically, under optimal conditions) and I'm not keeping my car that long! I'd love to try the product, but I can't justify that to my business accountant at $150. Why not offer a smaller bottle that will cover 1 car at a proportional price?

Hey there Carney,

There are a lot of similarities for some of the soaps, like on the Maxi suds II, the only difference between those soaps is the scent. You can go from Grape, to Cherry, to even Strawberry Margarita. Other ones, like our Wash & Wax Car Shampoo with Gloss is sure to have more gloss but the amount of foam it produces is very, very low. Others have no gloss and very low foam, but are heavy duty cleaners that have the ability to remove your wax and sealants like our All-Clean and our Bug & Tar Heavy Duty Car Wash Shampoo. Another one we have that is high on everything, you name it, like our Extreme Body Wash & Synthetic Wax. Of course, we have our Meticulous Matte Wash For Satin Finish & matte Finish Paint made exclusively for Matte and Vinyl Wrapped cars.

It's all really a preference at what you want to get out of your soap. We have a chart on our website that can help make everything before making your purchase. Go check it our from the link I post below.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=296

Hi Kirk, I felt like chiming in on this since it's a really interesting topic. The price point is a little difficult to swallow at times, but if you were to use it on a vehicle, I would charge the customer accordingly, if you explain the benefits to them effectively enough, it shouldn't be hard for them understand why it's invaluable. Keep in mind that's for higher end clientele who are willing to spend top dollar to keep their vehicle in pristine condition. I've seen my fair share of neglected vehicles, with damaged, rusting, and oxidized paint. Some people can't afford to swap out vehicles as frequently as others can, it all depends on a persons financial situation. Someone might think it's more cost effective to buy Carbon Flex to protect the paint and trim of their car because they plan to drive their car into the ground, or maybe they'll pass it on to a child or family member. One thing I want to mention is that Carbon Flex is a proprietary technology, Chemical Guys has gone through a rigorous testing process to perfect the formula to last longer than other coatings. Carbon Flex acts like super glue bonding to the paintwork to create an invisible shield capable of withstanding extreme temperatures, and other environmental contaminants that would other wise deteriorate the paintwork. I personally think it's great that a 150 dollar bottle of protective coating can do multiple cars. A one time use product as expensive as Carbon Flex wouldn't seem advantageous, and would be difficult to justify. Our mentality when creating any product is that you don't need a lot of chemical to achieve the desired results.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexF View Post
    Hi Kirk, I felt like chiming in on this since it's a really interesting topic. The price point is a little difficult to swallow at times, but if you were to use it on a vehicle, I would charge the customer accordingly, if you explain the benefits to them effectively enough, it shouldn't be hard for them understand why it's invaluable. Keep in mind that's for higher end clientele who are willing to spend top dollar to keep their vehicle in pristine condition. I've seen my fair share of neglected vehicles, with damaged, rusting, and oxidized paint. Some people can't afford to swap out vehicles as frequently as others can, it all depends on a persons financial situation. Someone might think it's more cost effective to buy Carbon Flex to protect the paint and trim of their car because they plan to drive their car into the ground, or maybe they'll pass it on to a child or family member. One thing I want to mention is that Carbon Flex is a proprietary technology, Chemical Guys has gone through a rigorous testing process to perfect the formula to last longer than other coatings. Carbon Flex acts like super glue bonding to the paintwork to create an invisible shield capable of withstanding extreme temperatures, and other environmental contaminants that would other wise deteriorate the paintwork. I personally think it's great that a 150 dollar bottle of protective coating can do multiple cars. A one time use product as expensive as Carbon Flex wouldn't seem advantageous, and would be difficult to justify. Our mentality when creating any product is that you don't need a lot of chemical to achieve the desired results.
    Thanks for the response Alex. It's tough for me to sell a customer on a product that I have never tried myself. And I really don't want to apply a coating for the first time on a paying customer's vehicle. That's just me. Maybe I am particular.

Hey Kirk, I totally understand the hesitation. I've seen the product in use at a demonstration, as well as in videos on our channel, it works. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and try it yourself. In my experience, everything works in three's if you give them three reasons why something is useful, they will most likely go for it.

That's a great point, Alex. Thumbs up!