Thread: What's Your Favorite Washing and Waxing Methods.

Smile What's Your Favorite Washing and Waxing Methods.

ATTENTION ALL DETAILERS:

Chemical Guys orders you to submit all your favorite washing and waxing methods. We love to detail, and we believe you do to, that's why Chemical Guys is asking everyone to describe how they wash and wax their car. Tell us your stories, send your pics. The Chemical Guys family grows everyday, don't be shy, we want to hear
    FROM YOU

How detailed do you want it?

As DETAILED as you can possibly get : )

You know how us detailers are, we like it down to the smallest detail, like what was the color of the sky at the time of your detail job. Kidding! As specific as you can get, Alex and I will share our stories as well.

Touchless wash

by Kirk Harrod, Kirk Harrod's Mobile Auto Detailing, Frankfort, KY

Well it rained unexpectedly last night and by the time I woke up, there were water spots on my car. I have recently gone to an all touchless wash to reduce the swirling after I polished my car. So time to test out the method on water spots!

Materials:
    Chemical Guys Extreme Wash & Wax
    Chemical Guys EcoSmart Waterless Wash
    Chemical Guys Rinse Free Wash & Shine

Chemical Guys Foam Cannon
    Chemical Guys Blow Dryer

Generac Pressure Washer

Water spots on roof and hood

Something organic on the front

First, I pressure rinsed the car. I mixed 200ml of Chemical Guys Extreme Wash & Wax with 1 oz of Chemical Guys Rinse Free Wash & Shine concentrate with 800 ml of warm water in a Chemical Guys Foam Cannon. Applied foam with the cannon and let it dwell for 5-10 minutes.

Rinsed with open hose.

Blew the water off with the blow dryer.

No water spots on the roof.

No water spots on trunk.

Is it perfect? No. The organic stuff is still on the car.

A little EcoSmart Waterless Wash and a super soft towel and its gone. This is the only wiping I had to do. That's a big difference compared to rubbing with a mitt, wiping with towels, etc.

The final product:

Kirk, when you said it rained unexpectedly, for some reason I was expecting some sort of horror story coming haha Btw, loving the licence plate from that Chevy! We always appreciate how detailed you get with your pictures and how you describe each picture.