Thread: Jetseal vs. Activate Shine & Seal

Jetseal vs. Activate Shine & Seal

I'm hoping one of the CG team can chime in on this. I'm looking to better understand the differences between the two products and get an idea on the durability of the Activate Shine & Seal.

I have both and have applied them both, like them both! My experiences are that Jetseal lasts longer and gives off a great shine. It does however take more effort vs. the Shine & Seal, which I actually think gives off a slightly better shine. Certainly Shine & Seal is a no brainer for ease of application. I've only used this once and am not sure about the durability as it was applied late fall before my last full detail. Winters here with no garage suck. No detailing for me.

Comments welcome and encouraged by anyone who's used either or both products.

This is a classic duel between two heavy hitters in the sealant family. There are many similarities, but there are also some key differences that make each of them unique. We should start off with pointing out that no one matches the durability of JetSeal, lasting up to 12 months is ridiculously long and many detail enthusiasts love this. The Shine & Seal lasts a couple of months but of course, it's easy application makes it a heavy favorite for people on the go or just want something done with minimal fatigue. The JetSeal does take a longer time and in some cases, requires it to be applied my machine. Here's the kicker, the JetSeal is stronger in protection; what I mean by this is it can protect from a lot more than what the Shine & Seal can. The JetSeal protects against industrial fallouts, repels water spots, road grime, residue from birds, bugs, and other road-borne hazards, among what the Shine& Seal covers as well.

Everyone is welcomed to chime in and let us know of anything I may have left out!

Thanks Javier for chiming in on this. It seems my comments weren't too far off from personal experience and from what is noted in the product description. Pretty similar to using one of the spray on or liquid waxes vs. applying a paste wax. Ease of application vs. durability and added protection of Jetseal. Activate will make a nice compliment to Jetseal in my lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
    I'm hoping one of the CG team can chime in on this. I'm looking to better understand the differences between the two products and get an idea on the durability of the Activate Shine & Seal.

I have both and have applied them both, like them both! My experiences are that Jetseal lasts longer and gives off a great shine. It does however take more effort vs. the Shine & Seal, which I actually think gives off a slightly better shine. Certainly Shine & Seal is a no brainer for ease of application. I've only used this once and am not sure about the durability as it was applied late fall before my last full detail. Winters here with no garage suck. No detailing for me.

Comments welcome and encouraged by anyone who's used either or both products.
    Seems like Jetseal would be the one to go with in your case.