Thread: Clear Coat peeling(?)

Clear Coat peeling(?)

I have a 2010 BLACK CTS CADILLAC that I am going to be doing here in about a week. A co worker of my wife who has never had anything done to the car, and the paint is in pretty good condition. Possibly a bevy claying and V36.
    But my question is this..
    It looks like to me that the Clear Coat is peeling. Is there anything I can do about this? Will doing the flow chart on this car damage the Coat?

Pics of the damage would be helpful...but if you're sure it's the clearcoat peeling...there's nothing you can do to fix that except get it repainted. I would avoid using anything abrasive in that area.

Hey Guys, it's Alex from the secret underground bunker of the media department buried deep under the streets of sunny Southern California. I would agree with briarpatch, it's a good idea to take the car to a body shop, and have them assess whether the clear coat is being delaminated. The worst thing that could happen could be that the clear coat starts to peel off in other places. My guess is that sealant wasn't used, and the clear coat baked in the sun.

Thanks for the reply. I am quite sure it's the clear coat , but the owner was not interested in a paint job I think the car may be up for sale here in the near future