Thread: Micro Fiber and Static Electricity!

Angry Micro Fiber and Static Electricity!

I just washed a bunch of MF Towels for the 1st time with the CG''s wash. The towels were not that dirty, just wanted to see how they would come out. The static electricity was CRAZY!! I dryer them on low as per directions so what can I do to avoid this from happening? I use to air dry before this and the towels were not as soft but the static was not there!

I've no idea how to stop static from building up in a dryer, short of putting in a dryer sheet, which would be a no-no. Mine are softer when done in the dryer as opposed to air dry, too. Wish I could be of more help to you

I could be wrong about this, but I think you want the towels to have static electricity so it will draw dust towards it. I think that is one of the features of microfiber.

Okay. Sounds reasonable enough.

Kirk, that's actually correct, the microfiber carries a positive charge, and dirt is negatively charged, when the microfiber makes contact with the surface, it acts like a magnet pulling the dirt and debris towards it. Using bleaches will damage the electric charge, and fry the towels rendering them useless. I washed my towels for my first time a couple of weeks ago, and I experienced the same thing, it's the friction of the towels rubbing against one another.