Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do you replace your wash pad or wash mitt?

How often do you replace your wash pad or wash mitt?

How often do you change your wash pad/mitt with a new one?

If you mean while I am washing the car, I keep 2 mitts in the bucket and alternate with each wipe.

If you mean replacing a mitt, I have never tossed one out. I have some that have become wheel mitts.

I was watching a youtube video and they said you should get new ones every 6 months. is why I was wandering.

Hey guys, that's a question we actually don't get often, and I'm glad you asked it. It really depends how frequently you use the mitts, and if you take the recommended steps to maintain the mitts properly. I would say the mitts should last you up to 1-2 years with minimal use,and the correct up keep. Frequent usage of the mitts with poor maintenance may last up to 6-12 months.

I try to wash my 07 vista blue Mustang GT once a week so the wash pads that I've been using gets washed weekly too. I store them in a gallon size zip loc bags.

Jstang17, hope you're ready for our videos because it's Mustang Week here at the Detail Garage! Check today's video out, it's such a beautiful car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IC1...zsl55slaltph2j

I'm ready for those videos and already seen today's. I'm on youtube daily.
    Here's a pic of my 07 vista blue mustang GTN S 1.jpg there's some swirls in the paint.

Hey Javier what would help with the shine after a polish gloss works glaze or black light?

That's a beauty of a Mustang ya got there. I definitely recommend the Black Light, it'll bring out the dark shine and really make it pop. Keep us updated and show us when it's finished!

Thanks that vista blue is a metallic paint. DSC02525.jpg you can see some light swirls in the pic where the sun is reflecting off the hood.
    Last edited by Jstang17; 05-03-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Even though I already got gloss works glaze?