Thread: DA Pads

DA Pads

What if any is the difference in CG pads and other name brands compared to the ones I spot on EBay from China? Other than the price!

Do you prefer HEX or regular?

what color pads do you really need?
    Last edited by Automoglow; 01-31-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Automoglow View Post
    What if any is the difference in CG pads and other name brands compared to the ones I spot on EBay from China? Other than the price!

Do you prefer HEX or regular?

what color pads do you really need?
    CG pads are made by CCS I believe. These are quality pads that don't melt and deform due to heat build up like the China pads.

Different pads are better for different machines and backing plates. Read up more about pads on Autogeek.net.

Remember that you will need a fresh pad for each panel. That means you need 8-10 pads of each color that you use OR you can wash out your pad after each panel. Spin the clean pad to get rid of the water so you don't dilute your polish.

If you are just applying wax, all you need is a black or red pad. If you are doing light polishing, you need at least orange and white. If you are compounding to remove heavy defects, you need yellow, pink and/or wool or microfiber pads.
    Last edited by KirkH; 02-01-2017 at 07:05 AM.

Thanks, I just got a TORQx polisher, so I'm trying to get pads to go with it.