Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove old wax before fresh coat of wax?

Post Remove old wax before fresh coat of wax?

I have washed, clayed ,and waxed my truck, after a few months and a handful of washes Can I just wax again or do I need to remove old wax before adding a fresh coat? Or is there anything I should do before waxing again? Thank you
    Last edited by chris L; 02-14-2017 at 05:46 PM.

You're going to want to remove the old wax before you add your new layer of wax because if not, the new wax will not be able to stick as well and its durability will not be as efficient.

I washed, clayed, polished, glazed, sealed, and waxed. It`s been three Months and I now would like to apply a fresh coat of wax. What is the procedure to only remove the old wax and not effect the jet seal?

Hey Lugnut, depending on the type of wax you applied, it most likely is already off. Some of our waxes are not designed to last any longer than 8 weeks. Also, the procedures we have not only strip wax but application of sealants and glazes as well.

I used the white wax. I can just wash and apply a fresh coat of white wax? I will start waxing every six weeks.

You're actually using one of our top waxes. The White Wax is designed to last between 4 - 6 months.

Ok, I guess my question is can I apply another coat of white wax when needed without stripping my glaze and jet seal? Or will I need to start from scratch? I only want to complete the entire process twice a year.

Yes, you can add a coat of White Wax when needed without stripping off your glaze or jet seal. No need to start from scratch until your JetSeal coat wears off and then you'll have to do the whole process all over again. We always say that you need to polish only 1 -2 times a year. In your case, you're golden doing it once a year.

Thanks a lot for the info. I have it now. Great products, white Silverado looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Javier View Post
    Yes, you can add a coat of White Wax when needed without stripping off your glaze or jet seal. No need to start from scratch until your JetSeal coat wears off and then you'll have to do the whole process all over again. We always say that you need to polish only 1 -2 times a year. In your case, you're golden doing it once a year.
    How do you determine that the JetSeal has failed?