Thread: air freshener

air freshener

What do you all use for air freshener? I just bought some of the New Car Scent and Leather Scent from CG but the smell only seems to last a couple of hours or maybe half a day...

Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    What do you all use for air freshener? I just bought some of the New Car Scent and Leather Scent from CG but the smell only seems to last a couple of hours or maybe half a day...
    Yeah, Chemical Guys air fresheners smell great, but they are alcohol based and don't last.

For bombs, I like Meguiar's total release new car smell. For oil based air fresheners, Dr. Beasley's is pretty strong.

The best lasting of the Chemical Guys that I have found is lemon lime. My favorite smell is Cherry Blast and Chuy Bubble Gum.

Cherry Blast lasts a little longer than some of the others. I just got my first bottle of it in a Mystery Box.

I want to note that Chemical Guys New Car smell is the closest to actual new car smell that I have found, and it lasts pretty well.

New Car smell is the bomb. That's all I use. People have commented when getting into my vehicle "WOW this still smells new!" It may not be as long lasting as some scents, but it's one that I've found that actually smells good without being too overpowering.

sorry to bump up an old thread but I was just about to start a new topic and saw this one.

How are you guys making the scent last longer? I love the cg air fresheners but they literally last less than half a day in my cars. They are not expensive but for a product that lasts a few hrs its a waste of money. any tips?

IMO CG should come out with something similar to those little trees that we can hang in there cars with there scents as well. Have both. At least we can get a few weeks if not longer out of them

For my business, the air fresheners are just something for the customer to enjoy on the way home.

For me, they are to cover up food smells from bringing carry out or leftovers home.

I don't think the "flavors" are really meant to last. They are for "quick cover." I think Lemon Lime does a great job as an odor neutralizer. I wish it was available in a gallon jug. Black Frost and Stripper Scent last longer than the others.

Use them more often. I love the Chuy Bubble Gum. It is my personal choice in my Camaro.