Thread: Newbie to CG and newer detailing techniques and products

Newbie to CG and newer detailing techniques and products

Been washing cars for the past 50 years. Detailing off and on for my personal pleasure for the past 40. Originally from the northeast, I now live in SW OH. I'm probably one of the very few, middle-aged (did I just write that) women on this site. Love most CG products. Didn't have a lot of $$ to start with a middle of the road priced DA so I bought mine at Harbor Freight (please don't hate me). Using Lake Country & CG Hex-Logic pads. Amazing change from the old rotary/wool pads from my heyday. Grateful to CG for this forum and their products. Our daily drivers are '07 VW NB Vert (moonlight beige) and '07 Dodge Caliber SXT (black). We have no garage kept vehicles. Miss our former 2.5 car garage that was heated. Sacrifices we made as we are quickly approaching our retirement years. I help friends with their vehicles. Everything from a '15 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid to a '13 Audi Q5. For me, washing, detailing both interior and exterior is therapy. Turn on my tunes, and I get lost for hours. At the moment because winter weather is upon us, I'm loving EcoSmart waterless wash. Five stars for that product with the atomizer. I actually have used most of the American versions of the British products shown in this Dodgy Detailing Products vid. Had to share as I find it hilarious. Hope you do, too https://youtu.be/4e5AgS4g7vw
    Last edited by vdubbeet; 12-15-2016 at 06:20 AM.

Cool! Be sure to check out the Autogeek forum and the Autopia forum.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
    Cool! Be sure to check out the Autogeek forum and the Autopia forum.
    what he said...there's a ton of info out there and the forums are great places to learn