Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Destroyed my new car's paint from Hex logics orange pad, (hand application)

Hi Wal,

Since I own a 2011 Mustang Shelby Cobra SVT GT500 and that it's BLACK which is a full time job to take care of the paint on these car is extremely sensitive and soft.

You need to put the DA polisher at it's highest setting using an orange Hex logic pad with either V34 or VSS doing a section no greater than 16"x16" with about 4-5 passes with slow arm movement (around 2 secs arm movement as you move the DA polisher).

Then use a green hex logic pad with V36 at the highest setting on the DA polisher doing a section no greater than 16"x16" with about 4-5 passes with slow arm movement (around 2 secs arm movement as you move the DA polisher).

After this, use a white or blue hex logic pad with V38 and the 4th speed setting on the DA polisher doing a section no greater than 16"x16" and jewel the paint meaning slow to very slow arm movement. You will see that paint starting to look like glass and most important swirl free.

Then use the Black Light Glaze by hand if possible (I do it that way and I get awesome results). You can doing it with the DA polisher using the black hex logic pad. But hey, I'm a sucker for perfectness so I do it by hand.

After this, apply the Jet Seal same way as you would have the Black Light Glaze and finish the topping with Butter Wet Wax. I leave the wax on for 5 minutes before wiping it off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by patricemougeot; 06-22-2017 at 07:56 AM.

We'd love to see how your 2011 Mustang came out after going through that detailing process. You are doing it the correct way and I'm sure your black paint looks flawless. Like you said, it takes a lot of work to take care of but in the end, it's so elegant and luxurious. Post a pic!

Hi Javier,

Will do.

Files uploaded