Thread: When polishing, do I have to use the polishes in order before I'm finished

When polishing, do I have to use the polishes in order before I'm finished

such as IF I need V34 do I need to step down to V36 then V38 or can I just go from V34 to V38? I used V36 and V38 on my personal vehicle. Helping a friend do their Black, Audi Q5 that's never been detailed, polished, waxed, etc except what they do at Mike's Car Wash (ick). I think I'm going to need to wet sand a few spots and use V34 before doing the rest. Thanks in advance for your advice. I'm going to finish it up with Black Light, Jetseal, Butter Wet Wax & V7 spray.

General rule of thumb is start with the least aggressive, and work your way up until you get the results you're looking for. Test spots are your best friend. I'm a fan of Butter Wet Wax, but it's longevity is on the short side. For a car like that, I'd be more inclined to go with Petes 53 as an LSP.

Thanks, Briarpatch. Think in a few weeks after the Audi gets new shoes (tires & brakes), I'll wash it then apply Pete's 53. By then the BWW will probably be all but gone. Some interesting things happened during a few test patches on some MAJOR scratches. Even V32 with yellow wouldn't touch them or orange microfiber. I gently wet sanded then applied V36 using yellow then V38 with green. Looks great so far. Finishing up tomorrow with BL, Jetseal, BWW and if needed some V07 spray. Compared to my personal Beetle, the Audi is a giant. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    General rule of thumb is start with the least aggressive, and work your way up until you get the results you're looking for. Test spots are your best friend. I'm a fan of Butter Wet Wax, but it's longevity is on the short side. For a car like that, I'd be more inclined to go with Petes 53 as an LSP.
    Last edited by vdubbeet; 10-29-2016 at 05:18 PM.