Thread: Chevy work truck detail

Chevy work truck detail

2003 work truck that had never been clayed. The truck has 176,000 miles on. It's been used to say the least. The fall out was and grime was so bad I used a 16oz bottle of clay lube on it. Then after that ran out I started to use quick detail spray. The detail spray was just as good as the clay lube. IMO. I washed the truck twice with Citrus Wash. First time with the green MF wash mit. Second time with the medium clay wash mit. Used half a bar of heavy clay bar. After I completed the wash and clay, the truck looked as if I had already waxed it just because the paint was so much brighter. Used V-4 and an orange pad. Tire and trim spray. Silk shine. Bare bones.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"The Devil is in the detail"

I also touched up the front frame and suspension with a can of rustoleum spray paint. The front end was so rusty that when I cleaned the front wheel wells and used the bare bones, it made the rust stand out even more. It took about five extra minutes to mask off the front red suspension part with duck tape and hit the frame rails with satin black. I also touched up the black diesel fuel tank on the bed as well. I covered the truck with old sheets when I painted. The spray paint was 5 bucks at wal mart. The customers was super impressed and gave me a 40 dollar tip.

"The Devil is in the detail"