Thread: How many pads do I need?

How many pads do I need?

I finally picked up a Torqx polisher and have 3 vehicles that I will be polishing in October. I plan on either 1 or 2 step polishing with the orange and white hex logic pads along with V polishes. I purchased 3 of each polishing pad and wondered if that will be enough. The largest vehicle is a full size sedan (Lincoln Town Car). Will I need more? Thank you.

Do you have red and black pads for sealant and wax? You have plenty of orange and white pads. Should only need 1 of each. Don't overload the pad with polish and they last longer.

I have one black pad. At this point I am comfortable applying wax by hand but the Torqx may be good for larger vehicles. Should I invest in more black and even red pads?

using the machine to apply wax allows wax to be applied more thinly and evenly. That means it saves product and is easier to buff off.

So...to say that 1 pad is good enough? I'm not in the business,just doing my own vehicles.

If you are just doing your own car, you can get away with 1 pad each color. When polishing, clean the pad every panel or two. You are fine with one pad for waxing, just get all the wax cleaned out before storing it.