Thread: buffer trails (holograms) after polishing

buffer trails (holograms) after polishing

Hi,
    Past week, i used DA polisher to buff out by 5 year old genesis coupe. Car had Moderate swirl marks.

I used GG's 6 inc polisher with hex orange pad with Meguiars ultimate compound (speed 6 with 6 section pass) & than light blue polish pad with CG v38. (speed 6 with 5 section passes)

In the end when i looked at the car in sun i see some new buffer trails (holograms) *circled red in picture attached. There is more of them but cant see them in picture due to lightning*

I wanted to know what can i used to remove those marks? preferable a one step solution as i already did two step on whole car and doing it again will be Pain in the b**t(excluding wax)

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

bump??? anyone?

First try using v-36 with a white then orange pad. Use a lower speed like 5. The 36 is good about taking out 90 percent of inperfections. Try V-38 and a white pad. Speed 5 or try going back to orange pad and the 38. If you can get your hands on some V-4 try white pad then orange on speed 5. No paint is going to be the same. You will always have to adjust your game plan accordingly.

"The Devil is in the detail"

V4 is a great time saver....that should take those out. You'll be left with a nice, reflective shine....

vrp_3a.jpg

Can this be removed with white pad and v4 without needing to go over with another step?20160916_161153.jpg