Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Beginning to My CG arsenal

The Beginning to My CG arsenal

I recently stumbled upon some CG products and gave them a try. Instantly I was hooked and now want to buy 6 of everything. Since this pictured order I've purchased a woolly mammoth microfiber, bug and tar wash, heavy claybar, orange degreaser, meticulous matte, vss and clean slate. I should be good for awhile now.

image.jpg

Wow.....thats quite an order.....I can give you reviews on a couple of the things you purchased.....

Diablo wheel gel is just an average wheel cleaner....not great...not terrible....smells like bubble gum....I am down to my last 16 oz of it....and its not on my re-order list

VRP is my go-to tire dressing. I use the Durafoam applicator pads they sell (I have a Tundra)...they make it easy to apply. It is an excellent product...dries fast, no sling, easy to regulate the amount of shine

Do yourself a favor...order yourself some of the chemical resistant sprayers.....much better than the basic ones

What do you use in place of the Diablo wheel gel. I have a Silverado with factory black powder coated rims. So far it seems to work well on the powder coating

Quote Originally Posted by Detailing_FF/Medic View Post
    What do you use in place of the Diablo wheel gel. I have a Silverado with factory black powder coated rims. So far it seems to work well on the powder coating
    If the wheels are not bad, I use Meguiars APC (aka D101) diluted 4:1. If they're really bad, I break out the Griots Garage Heavy Duty wheel cleaner. It's not that Diablo does not work, it's just okay. I keep D101 in stock, and have several bottles with different dilutions, so I really do not need another two bottles on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    If the wheels are not bad, I use Meguiars APC (aka D101) diluted 4:1. If they're really bad, I break out the Griots Garage Heavy Duty wheel cleaner. It's not that Diablo does not work, it's just okay. I keep D101 in stock, and have several bottles with different dilutions, so I really do not need another two bottles on the shelf.
    So far the Diablo is working well on my wheels. I only bought a 16 oz so when that runs out maybe I'll look into one of the cleaners you mentioned

Hey man nice order,like I said earlier I'm from RI as well! I own just about everything CG lol, tons of other brands too let me know if you have any questions CG relates as I tried or owned most of the product line.

Very cool stuff! How did you stumble upon Chemical Guys products?

Quote Originally Posted by iloveblackcars View Post
    Hey man nice order,like I said earlier I'm from RI as well! I own just about everything CG lol, tons of other brands too let me know if you have any questions CG relates as I tried or owned most of the product line.
    Nice. I'm not too far behind you. Since this post my arsenal had grown and I'm waiting on an order I placed yesterday lol

Quote Originally Posted by MattMan View Post
    Very cool stuff! How did you stumble upon Chemical Guys ?
    A friend of mine showed me the foam gun. So I bought one along with a gallon of honeydew snow foam. And I've been hooked ever since

An update to my arsenal.....and there might be one more package on the way
    Attached Images Attached Images

image.jpg image.jpg

So my order has gotten split a few times. Still waiting on some 50/50 and a handful of other products. Bummed out I ordered my second wooly mammoth and they called to say it's out of stock. Here's what arrived today