Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glaze/sealent/wax

Glaze/sealent/wax

Whats up chemical guys,quick question,im going to wash,then go straight to glaze/sealent/wax.should/can/ i clay the car first,im not going to do any polish?

For me, It depends on how the surface feels. If it feels like the surface is very rough and has felt that way for sometime, Then go ahead and clay. If regular waxing is part of your routine, and the surface of the car never gets feeling to rough, then you are probably safe to skip claying. When in doubt, take the extra hour and clay the car. It will prevent any unknown peices of debris that you cannot see from getting trapped under layers of wax.

My real question is after claying,would it be ok to go straight to glaze/sealent/wax?

Provided you've no correction(s) to do, then sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SICKFORLIFE View Post
    My real question is after claying,would it be ok to go straight to glaze/sealent/wax?
    Clay can mar the paint, depending on the grade of clay and the user technique. If you are OK with the paint defects that may have been introduced go ahead and seal/wax.

Thanks for the feed back

Can you use clean slate wash in a foam cannon?

I have never used clean slate and I must say, its because I am skeptical at best. The reason I spend SO much money on all of my waxes, is because I don't want something as simple as diluted soap to completely strip my car of all of its post correction dressings. There are times when my clay bar isn't even removing everything and I am using my first polish step to also finish removing all surface grime and expired waxes.

Quote Originally Posted by mgharris24 View Post
    I have never used clean slate and I must say, its because I am skeptical at best. The reason I spend SO much money on all of my waxes, is because I don't want something as simple as diluted soap to completely strip my car of all of its post correction dressings. There are times when my clay bar isn't even removing everything and I am using my first polish step to also finish removing all surface grime and expired waxes.
    You are finding that clay doesn't remove your wax?

clay removes wax?i didnt know that. i was going to clay the car to get that smooth finish,before that use clean slate to wash away the wax and what ever else was on the car.but know im finding out that clay can mar the paint.i was going to clay then go right to glaze-seal-wax.