Thread: Water beading vs sheeting

Question Water beading vs sheeting

Seems like all the sealants, waxes I've used has beaded water, some beads bigger then others & has never sheeted water. Is there a advantage of water sheeting off vs beading? All the ppl I've talked to like the beads. Any thoughts, input?

I really like the water to sheet off better then having the water bead. I all ways thought if water beaded its still on the car and it's like a megafine glass to harm the paint so if water sheets off then there shouldn't be any water on the car for the sun the dry up and cause water spots.
    If water sheets off when your doing the pooling rinse then there less water to remove with a drying towel.

With most CG stuff, I find the sealants sheet and the waxes bead. Some sealants (M-Seal) will bead at first like a wax and after a couple of washes will sheet.
    It all comes down to preference, either beading or sheeting the water is trying to escape the surface.
    Gloss Wurkz Detailing
    Regina, Sk

Water beading then drying on the car is not good. Beading shows high surface tension not always that the LSP is actually providing good protection.
    Sheeting is the water running off the car. (This is what I want in a Sealant/Wax)

What sealant/ waxes sheet water?

Wax Collinite #845

I`m a fan of paste wax. Will the Collinite # 476S Super Double Coat wax sheet the water off like the #846?