Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good beginners DA polisher

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Watched lots of videos....practiced on my lawn tractor....got the only John Deere in the neighborhood that water beads up on
    Awesome

I have the Porter Cable DA, Flex 3401 & 3403 rotary. Started out with the PC and it corrected medium hardness paints ok, but any of the newer stuff it just wouldn't touch. I use the Flex 3401 VRG the most. It's easy to use, has great power, but does build some heat like a rotary. I too am looking for a new polisher, most likely the Griots Boss or Rupes MkII but a little spendy...
    Gloss Wurkz Detailing
    Regina, Sk

I've got another question: How many pads would I need to get and how many of each color? say you can use a black pad for jet seal and wax would I need 4 black pads. Is there a one type of pad that works better for applying a product then from another one ? lake county pads hex logic and ....

i have only 2 of each for black white and orange. then i have one of every other, oh i have 2 microfiber pads too.

Quote Originally Posted by GlossWurkz View Post
    Awesome

I have the Porter Cable DA, Flex 3401 & 3403 rotary. Started out with the PC and it corrected medium hardness paints ok, but any of the newer stuff it just wouldn't touch. I use the Flex 3401 VRG the most. It's easy to use, has great power, but does build some heat like a rotary. I too am looking for a new polisher, most likely the Griots Boss or Rupes MkII but a little spendy...
    Me also looking at the Griots 15 or the Rupes mkll 15.

I've decided on the torq 10fx polisher kit to get started and a blue pad for glaze. What eles do I need to get and how do you guys store your polishers?

Remember you need multiple pads of the same color. They fill with polish/sealant and must be cleaned after polishing each panel. I use a new pad for each panel when polishing and clean them all when finished. Some people clean one pad after each panel.

You need grey/black and/or red pads also for wax application.