Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good beginners DA polisher

Good beginners DA polisher

Hi I've been looking at da polishers for a few years and been wandering on what one would be a good beginners one even if you have big hands too?

my first one is the torq 22d but i wish i bought the rupes mark 2

Griots Garage 6".....known on lots of forums as the GG6.....got it for Christmas......one of the best gifts I've gotten

I got a torq 10fx, and I can say it is very user friendly, and not hard to use at all.

Biggest question is what is your budget? I love my torqs but if they aren't in the budget they aren't in the budget. Same goes for Rupes.

I don't really want to get a low end one that could only apply wax with. First I was wanting the meguiars da polisher. Now I'm interested between the GG6 and the TORQ TORQX RANDOM ORBITAL POLISHER both of them are under 200. Just want to know what would be better for removing swirls and applying jet seal, glaze and wax.

If you get the GG6....make sure you get the one with the 25' cord

Love the torq line. I'd say hold out for a sale and snag a 10fx for under 200 if that's the goal range. I snagged mine as a kit for 160 waiting on a sale. The ergonomics and functionality are nicer than the X. food for thought.

I got another question. How did you learn how to use the da polishers?
    Did you go to a detailing training class or just bought one and tried it out?
    I've been watching how to use one on youtube.

Watched lots of videos....practiced on my lawn tractor....got the only John Deere in the neighborhood that water beads up on