Thread: Protection and shine question

Protection and shine question

Hello all!

I recently picked up a 2010 Grabber blue GT from a 65 year old man!

We get mild winters, snow, salt you know the whole thing, and sadly this is my daily driver.

I have a friend who has been detailing his own cars and others since he was 16 (we are 25/26 now)

I am going to give him the car for the day. $150 for a full detail, cant beat it.

He said he would be claying, (doubt its ever been clayed), buffing (just did a 2009 shelby, so i trust him lol!), seal it, and wax it. All with chemical guys products of course.

Now I have two questions.

1. I know he knows what he is doing. But does buffing cause any issues? Paint issues? clear coat issues?
    I tend to take good care of my car, gets waxed once a month and quick detailed probbaly 1-2 times a month durning the spring/summer/fall, then washed weekly in the winter.

2. Is it ok to wax ontop of a jetseal? I have read its 100% ok but talking to another friend he says a proper seal takes 3 days to cure, and that you shouldnt be putting wax ontop of it. But everywhere I read on CG they do a wax ontop of the sealant?

I just want the best protection and the best looking grabber blue I can have

#1 Any time you are polishing, you are removing paint. The goal is to remove the least amount of paint possible to achieve the desired look. With out pics I cant tell you what condition your paint is in, so offering a correction strategy is mute. Just remember it's easier to remove the paint than it is to put it back on
    #2 I wax on JetSeal after 1 hour, never had an issue with longevity. Your friend may be talking about some of the "coatings" that are out there, and yes they need cure time. When I use SS6, I dont wax over it for 24 hours after the cure time to make sure it has cured properly. JetSeal and M-Seal I'll wax over within 1 hour.
    Gloss Wurkz Detailing
    Regina, Sk

There are several paint correction techniques that will secure your paint level as well as correct your paint also. Always use best polish for your car