Thread: Microfiber towel GSM

Microfiber towel GSM

Does anyone know what GSM(grams per square meter)the professional premium microfiber towels are? I think they are 360gsm, but not totally sure. They seem to be the same as the gold plush jrs. from AG, but I don't know for certain. I'm thinking about getting some but want to make sure they are plush enough for my soft Acura paint
    Here is the link to the towels in question: http://www.chemicalguys.com/Professi...mic_506_03.htm

Bump.
    Anyone know?

no idea, but I have a few of these: http://www.chemicalguys.com/Happy_En...p/mic35103.htm
    They are super soft. I want to sleep on them lol.

check the tag for the blend. If they are 80/20 then they are probably 420 gsm but i believe the blend on these are 70/30 which would be 360-365 gsm

Thanks guys!

Not positive, but I'd guess around 360ish from the feel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gh0st View Post
    Not positive, but I'd guess around 360ish from the feel as well.
    Awesome, thanks!

I just got a bunch of 80/20 microfiber towels, I saw in a few forums people said these aren't as good as the 70/30 blend. Is this true, why?
    Last edited by Automoglow; 02-06-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Automoglow View Post
    I just got a bunch of 80/20 microfiber towels, I saw in a few forums people said these aren't as good as the 70/30 blend. Is this true, why?
    80/20 refers to the percentage of polyester to polyamide. 80/20 are fine for utility, wheels, trim, etc. 70/30 are what you want for paint. The more polyamide, the softer and less likely to scratch your paint.

You want made in Korea towels, not made in China.

the best towels I have seen are The Eagle Edgeless, The Everest, and The Avalanche from theragcompany.com

You want to use glass towels for glass. MF towels leave clear fibers on glass that you can see when light shines through.