Thread: Question on some stuff

Question on some stuff

Hi I'm new here and got a few questions.
    I'm interested in the gloss works gaze, jet seal and xxx hardcore wax.
    1st I got 6 blue work horse micro fiber towels for the exterior can I just use them for removing / buffing the glaze, jet seal and wax or do I need different micro fiber towels for the glaze and jet seal?
    2nd Could I use hybrid v7 to protect my car this winter or is jet seal the way to go?
    3rd is could I use hybrid v7 as a quick detailer on top of xxx wax?

I'm doing the color system with the mf towels blue for exterior, green for windows and yellow for interior + a red happy ending towel for quick detailer

My car is a 2007 vista blue metallic ford mustang GT.

First of all, welcome to the forum!

1) Those work for buffing. They aren't the absolute best options but they work
    2)No, V07 is a detail spray with a little sealant booster in it. It may minimally protect your car for a day or two, but a coating or sealant is really what you need for protection.
    3) Yes you can, I do it all the time. I also really like to use instawax+ on top of XXX for a monthly or every other week booster

And, if you want to totally follow the color system they say green for paint, blue for glass, but they are the exact same towels just different colors so it doesn't matter. The edgless can be used for buffing as well

I wax my car once a month and wash it once a week too. If I use a clay my car a few months after using jet seal would I need to reply the jet seal?
    what mf towels would you use for removing glaze and jet seal?

Clay will remove waxes and sealants.
    I use the workhorse towels(they are all I have), but if budget isn't as much of a restriction as mine is I would recommend the edgless based on other's experiences

Welcome Jstang17! ViperGuy21 hit the nail right on the head. Edge-less towels are best for buffing off in my opinion. The workhorse towels are the best bang for your buck that will get the job done well. I would advise using JetSeal and topping off with a nice paste wax like 50/50 or XXX Paste wax to ensure high shine and protection.

I was planning on xxx on top of jet seal. I do have another question what is black light? when do you apply it in the layering steps? how is it different from gloss works glaze?

DSC02236.jpg here's my car a 07 vista blue ford mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Jstang17 View Post
    I was planning on xxx on top of jet seal. I do have another question what is black light? when do you apply it in the layering steps? how is it different from gloss works glaze?
    Black light is a glaze so it goes on before any sealant or wax. I don't know how it is different from glossworks. I imagine it is pretty close, but I do know that both are pretty highly regarded

Quote Originally Posted by CG_Alex View Post
    Welcome Jstang17! ViperGuy21 hit the nail right on the head. Edge-less towels are best for buffing off in my opinion. The workhorse towels are the best bang for your buck that will get the job done well. I would advise using JetSeal and topping off with a nice paste wax like 50/50 or XXX Paste wax to ensure high shine and protection.
    What micro fiber towels would you use to remove glaze and jet seal?
    Name of the towel?