Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shipping takes forever

Placed another order from CG and for the 2nd time it came from Chemical Guys Lancaster, PA. Ordered on Saturday, shipped Monday due for delivery yesterday but FedEx had an issue so I didn't get it until today. Other than the shipping snafu on FedEx's part, another flawless order from CG. When I plug in the address it looks like they have contracted with a fulfillment center. I don't much care who it ships from but am quite happy they have a distribution center for those of us in the east cutting down on shipping time. I appreciated the hand written thank you's from the CG staff out west though.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
    Placed another order from CG and for the 2nd time it came from Chemical Guys Lancaster, PA. Ordered on Saturday, shipped Monday due for delivery yesterday but FedEx had an issue so I didn't get it until today. Other than the shipping snafu on FedEx's part, another flawless order from CG. When I plug in the address it looks like they have contracted with a fulfillment center. I don't much care who it ships from but am quite happy they have a distribution center for those of us in the east cutting down on shipping time. I appreciated the hand written thank you's from the CG staff out west though.
    Yes we are now starting to ship from Lancaster, PA to get orders fulfilled in the east coast a lot faster. It takes 1-3 business days for processing and 7-10 business days for shipping as stated on our website but 99% of the time we will get it out way faster than stated on our website. A warm thank you to everyone on the forums and to our great customers. We are growing and getting better everyday. Cheers!

Hey Alex is there a way that I could get fedex ground and not the smart post when I order next? say I ordered $104.00 worth of stuff would there be away to have it shipped by fedex ground and not the fedex smart post with out paying the 14.95 shipping charge?

Unfortunately, with the free shipping option, sometimes will come via Smart-Post. I know when certain items purchased exceed a certain weight limit, they will have to be sent FedEx Ground. If you select FedEx ground you will have to pay for the shipping. If Economy Free Shipping is selected, it could be UPS, USPS, FedEx Ground, or Smart-post just depending on which is the most economic. Hey free shipping is great either way.

Would you happen to know what that weight limit is? Just curious

I'm wanting to order gloss work glaze, jet seal, xxx hard core wax and a bottle of v7 plus add a free bottle of glass works window cleaner this friday and planing on waxing the car on the following friday the 9th cause theres a cruise in on the 11th.
    with all that I listed the weight is 4lbs and 8 oz's.

I done the same thing ordered on the 3rd. I live in Illinois and it was shipped via fedex smart post from Lancaster, PA and the delivery date was on the 12th but when I seen it was at my local post office on the 11th I went up there and picked it up.
    When I had ordered from a aftermarket car parts place from Ca in the past. say on Thursday shipped via fedex i didn't get the package till Tuesday of the following week so I nick name fedex slowex, but when I would order from a place in TX on a Monday and it would be shipped via ups I got it on Wednesday of the same week. I like when I get my packages that quick. and checking the tracking numbers like 5 times a day. So lets see when I order on october 2nd and with no holidays next week.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
    I took advantage of the 30% off Labor Day Sale and ordered direct from CG, order was placed 9/3 and it arrived today, 9/5! I did not specify expedited shipping, just the standard. What's interesting is, this shipment came from Lancaster, PA instead of CA where my past orders have come from. Perhaps they've got a warehouse in the East now to better serve us. It usually takes 5-7 days before I receive an order that was placed and I'm OK with that, but I'm quite pleased with 2 day shipping and Saturday delivery. This is a significant improvement. They've been good on my orders, no mistakes and my favorite and best detailing products that I've used.
    I done the same thing ordered on the 3rd. I live in Illinois and it was shipped via fedex smart post from Lancaster, PA and the delivery date was on the 12th but when I seen it was at my local post office on the 11th I went up there and picked it up.
    When I had ordered from a aftermarket car parts place from Ca in the past. say on Thursday shipped via fedex i didn't get the package till Tuesday of the following week so I nick name fedex slowex, but when I would order from a place in TX on a Monday and it would be shipped via ups I got it on Wednesday of the same week. I like when I get my packages that quick. and checking the tracking numbers like 5 times a day. So lets see when I order on october 2nd and with no holidays next week.

I don't have that information available to me. I wish i knew so i can help out you good folks. What i would do to avoid smart-post is have a gallon in your order as a Gallon cannot be shipped via Smart-post/USPS. Not telling you guys to spend more money, but if the order is big enough in size and weight, you'll get it faster.

Wow...wish I'd seen this post before placing my order. I just placed an order, was told it shipped, but it was shipped via 'OTHER'....and when I click the link they gave me, there are 5 different shippers listed, none of which have the tracking number they gave me. So, I've no idea when my order will get to me, or who is shipping it. I've sent an email back to their sales department, with no response yet. My brother swears by CG products, so I thought I'd give them a try.....not the best 'first' experience to say the least.