Thread: Green Hex Logic Pad

Green Hex Logic Pad

Hi everyone. My first post is a question.

I have stocked up on the Green Hex Logic pads because they have given me great service over the past two years I've been working them. Seriously, just two of them!

Over the winter is when I built up the bulk of my stock, and I've since put some into service.

Four of them have lost their backing, and one instantly collapses when applied to the paint. Ironically the two from 2013 are STILL working like champions!!!!

What would be the cause of the failures of my new pads?

My Blue and Red pads are also fine..

I had the same thing happen (backing delaminate) on my yellow hex-logic pad. Very little use too. No warning and poof - the pad shot off the panel. Luckily I didn't touch down onto the paint with the backing plate. I'm noticing some manufacturing discrepancies between batches of pads.

Quote Originally Posted by straightliner1 View Post
    I had the same thing happen (backing delaminate) on my yellow hex-logic pad. Very little use too. No warning and poof - the pad shot off the panel. Luckily I didn't touch down onto the paint with the backing plate. I'm noticing some manufacturing discrepancies between batches of pads.
    My bad luck is that I was outside of the 30 day replacement period.

Thankfully all the pads I've ordered since are fine.

Be sure to inspect them upon arrival. These pads were a slightly different color, and pore structure. They were lighter green, and more, smaller hexagons on their face. If you grasp the raised, backing area slightly, and it's super flimsy, those are the suspect pads. The normal HL pads have a firmer backing.

What I need to do is order them by the case. I only use green for cutting, blue for polishing, black for AIO, and red for sealant. They are the best pads I've ever used, and I've used just about all of them!

CG pads are made by buff and shine. At least they were years ago. I would buy buff and shine flat face and cheaper and they stand behind the product. You can melt the lam easily with a DA. So weather, paint hardness, correction fluid combo all come into play.
    A few things you can do depending on your da. Change out the felt washer beetween the thread and bolt. Get a vented backing plate, or pop the DA head open remove the stock grease and replace with high temp grease. The grease does wonders on a PC.
    Keep in mind that the pad is getting hit on the face with compound paint friction and from behind with the machine.