Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natural Shine For Use With Dashboards?

Natural Shine For Use With Dashboards?

Greetings from a complete and utter newb! Just a quick question - recently purchased a new vehicle, the climate and sun in my area is unforgiving, sometimes reaching magma hot levels! I'd like to protect my dashboard from uva & uvb rays mainly. Is Natural Shine appropriate for this? What is the best product that protects mainly against the sun?

Thanks in advance.

I use natural shine too but I don't think any product will fully protect the dash, despite the marketing claims. I use a folding sunscreen inside the windshield when the car is parked & that helps a lot.

Thanks, joedr. I'll include that in the rotation of products.

personally im not a fan of dressings on the dash. they are a bit more difficult to apply and can be messy if you dont spread the product evenly. if your dash has a texture to it, the dressings will seep into the small cracks/pores and build up over time.

I'd say go with an interior spray like inner clean. Spray it on a clean towel and wipe away. Plus you get a nice pineapple smell to go a long with it.

definitely purchase a sunscreen if your temperates get as hot as you are saying. inner clean will help clean and protect.

I just purchased a Weathertech Tech Shade a few days ago and used it for the first time today. I can't believe the difference in temperature it made! My vehicle sits out constantly and has black interior. Prior to this one, my experiences were those fold up ones from the auto parts store that were more of a one size fits all. What separates this one from the others I've used in the past is that it fits right in the windshield and tucks up against the roof and side pillars to stay in place. I don't even have to flip my sun visors down to keep it in place. Flip it over in the winter and you can use the black side to help prevent the windshield from freezing. Side note is that I like Inner Clean for my dash.

Thanks for all the feedback, looks like a trip to the auto supply store is in order!

Silk Shine is all I use on my dash and door panels!! Love it for that application!

I personally prefer VRP. Non shiny, LONG lasting and just an overall great dressing. Been using it for years.
    The Finishing Touch Auto Detail, LLC
    Serving Austin, TX | San Antonio, TX | Portfolio | Reviews | Contact Us

Quote Originally Posted by TFTADETAIL View Post
    I personally prefer VRP. Non shiny, LONG lasting and just an overall great dressing. Been using it for years.
    I'm going to give it a go, along with with Silk Shine to see which I like more. The sun shade is a must it appears!

You won't be disappointed.
    I used it on the dash/vinyl of my wife's Cadillac the day she brought it home (about a year ago) and it's still very obvious that the VRP is still protecting. Non oily/shiny is a great thing.

By the way, the VRP is a cream type of liquid. It doesn't take much to go a long way. I would use a microfiber applicator when using it for interior vinyl.

A few examples of interior & tire dressed with VRP.

The Finishing Touch Auto Detail, LLC
    Serving Austin, TX | San Antonio, TX | Portfolio | Reviews | Contact Us