Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You might be addicted to detailing if...........

Cool You might be addicted to detailing if...........

You might be addicted to detailing if....... You buy your five year old a new bike helmet and she asks you if your going to spray the inside with "new car scent". Lol.

Feel free to chime in with some of your crazy detailing addictions.

You might be addicted to detailing....
    ...if you never leave home without at least a dozen microfiber towels of varying thicknesses...
    ...if, like me, you no longer use fingernail polish, instead, buff your fingernails with an orbital, using three different pads, to display the depth of their natural luster and sheen.
    ...if you must use three bath-tubs to bathe; one for bubbles, second one to rinse, and the third bath-tub is for my feet only. After my final pooling rinse with distilled water, I blot-off with a microfiber cloth, and finish using a leaf-blower so I stay swirl free.
    ...if you refer to your mother as "the woman with the embarrassing paint job."

I "hit rock-bottom" when my CG's Leather Lover's kit arrived, spiraling into a pelage-fueled abyss. I didn't eat, sleep, or communicate for days, while unceasingly searching for my next fix; I had to find more, and better, items to douse with Sprayable Leather. Nothing, no one mattered- had to keep spraying, swiping, and smiling. Anything/Everything is better with Sprayable Leather.
    My obsession grew, as I quickly became unsatisfied with my usual "homemade" perfume featuring woody sandalwood and tuberose. One whiff of CG's Leather Scent, and I knew my destiny was to recreate the aroma of Grandfather's library. A week of experimentation later, and I share the aroma of an old, musty,tattered, dusty, leather-bound book. On purpose.
    Protests fell on deaf ears- I got what I wanted -and I like it.
    So that happened, followed by a well-intentioned intervention. When challenged to pick between friends and family, or detailing, I requested a few minutes alone. Hurriedly gave their cars a quickie-shine, so they'd look good as they rode off into the sunset. Buhbye.

ps The Betty Ford Center refused to admit me, saying I am FAR too hard-core an addict. Happy to stay a hopeless, but fragrant, detailer.

...if you never touch the washer or dryer except to make sure your microfiber towels sre properly sorted and washed according to the CG video. Lol.

You might be addicted to detailing...
    If instead of interacting at the in-laws Birthday Party as one should, you where in the driveway accessing the other guests cars and then proceeded to rinseless wash and detail the rental car you arrived in!

you might be addicted to detailing if......

while cleaning your car, you noticed the car parked next do you could use some attention. without thinking twice you pull out your ecosmart and MF towels and start sharing the love.

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle42 View Post
    You might be addicted to detailing....
    ...if you never leave home without at least a dozen microfiber towels of varying thicknesses...
    ...if, like me, you no longer use fingernail polish, instead, buff your fingernails with an orbital, using three different pads, to display the depth of their natural luster and sheen.
    ...if you must use three bath-tubs to bathe; one for bubbles, second one to rinse, and the third bath-tub is for my feet only. After my final pooling rinse with distilled water, I blot-off with a microfiber cloth, and finish using a leaf-blower so I stay swirl free.
    ...if you refer to your mother as "the woman with the embarrassing paint job."

I "hit rock-bottom" when my CG's Leather Lover's kit arrived, spiraling into a pelage-fueled abyss. I didn't eat, sleep, or communicate for days, while unceasingly searching for my next fix; I had to find more, and better, items to douse with Sprayable Leather. Nothing, no one mattered- had to keep spraying, swiping, and smiling. Anything/Everything is better with Sprayable Leather.
    My obsession grew, as I quickly became unsatisfied with my usual "homemade" perfume featuring woody sandalwood and tuberose. One whiff of CG's Leather Scent, and I knew my destiny was to recreate the aroma of Grandfather's library. A week of experimentation later, and I share the aroma of an old, musty,tattered, dusty, leather-bound book. On purpose.
    Protests fell on deaf ears- I got what I wanted -and I like it.
    So that happened, followed by a well-intentioned intervention. When challenged to pick between friends and family, or detailing, I requested a few minutes alone. Hurriedly gave their cars a quickie-shine, so they'd look good as they rode off into the sunset. Buhbye.

ps The Betty Ford Center refused to admit me, saying I am FAR too hard-core an addict. Happy to stay a hopeless, but fragrant, detailer.
    Great Reading.....too funny

If you find yourself detailing your brand new pressure washer. Lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All I see on the road now are hazy headlights and swirled paint that needs correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Busymind View Post
    All I see on the road now are hazy headlights and swirled paint that needs correction.
    That's not from detailing addiction, that's just from paying attention.

You might be addicted to detailing if:
    You do something to all your relatives cars when then come to the house. Last time my bro was here, we washed, clayed, polished, white light, jet sealed, applied white wax and Hybrid V7, all unplanned. My family is coming from Iowa for my sons graduation and instead of hanging with them, I plan to detail my mother in laws car.

You notice the poor detailing of other cars around you at a red light, walking into a grocery store, etc.

You have all of this: