Thread: Forum Moderators

Forum Moderators

Becoming a Moderator

Chemical Guys Forum accepts those users that have a background in auto detailing whether it be personally or on a business level, and those that have experience and knowledge of Chemical Guys products to become a volunteer moderator. You can join our Chemical Guys family and become a moderator to help fellow members with detailing related topics. As a Forum Moderator you get:

1. Access to some of the new products to keep updated with all the latest in Chemical Guys products.
    2. As a way of saying thanks, moderators may receive special "Moderator Only" specials and coupon codes.
    3. The ability to run your own specials, discounts or giveaways for Friends, Family and the extended Chemical Guys family (i.e. Members of the forum, customers, etc.)
    4. Much more!

“Moderator Agreement”

By accepting the volunteer role of Moderator Chemical Guys Forum you agree to abide by the terms and conditions and the spirit of this Moderator Agreement.

Your primary duty is to ensure that the Forum meets the expectation of Chemical Guys ensuring that the Membership abides with the Membership Agreement. In general Moderators are also Members of the Forum and have the same privileges to participate in the Forum as all other Members, with the exceptions mentioned in this agreement.

As a Moderator

You may post, as a Member on any subject and in any manner or style allowed by the terms of the Membership Agreement. However if you post on a matter regarding the Administration and Moderation of the forum, you will endeavor to ensure your personal opinions and comments are clearly distinguished from any official Administration and Moderation posts.
    NOTE: If there are posts that are in regards to customer service issues, please allow administrators of the Chemical Guys Forum to respond in order to help resolve any issues. As this forum is meant for detailing how to's and questions, and product assistance all Customer Service, Order related posts should be directed to our Customer Service contact. If you wish to respond please advise to contact our Customer Service team at the following:
    Phone: 866-822-3670 - all Customer Service Inquiries - Order related inquiries

Any information that you may learn that is of a confidential nature, pertaining to Chemical Guys or a Member of the Forum is to be treated as confidential and must not be shared with others without the prior consent of either Chemical Guys or the Member in question. (Confidential information includes but is not limited to real names and email, IP or “real” addresses.) You agree to maintain this confidentiality even if you leave the Moderating Team.

Deleting Posts:

Posts may only be deleted to remove instances of spamming, flooding or duplication.

Editing Posts:

Post content may only be edited to remove or alter content that is in violation of the Membership Agreement. Editing that does not alter the content (e.g. to correct formatting or links) is allowed.

Edits should be clearly marked by using the “Edit Box”. Then the edit box may appear at the end of the post. Please also use the "Reason for editing:" field to indicate an edit.

Moving threads

Threads may be moved at your discretion. When a thread is moved to a more appropriate Forum section use the “move with re-direct notice” option along with an expiring time period. If a thread is moved to “Abandon All Hope” then no re-direct notice is required.

Deleting Threads

Threads may only be deleted to remove instances of spamming, flooding or duplication.

Merging Threads

Threads may be merged at your discretion.

Closing Threads

You may temporary or permanently close a thread. You should post a reason for the temporary or permanent closure in the thread using a Moderator Box.

Renaming Threads

You may rename threads. If you edit a thread title put "[Edit]" at the start of the thread title to indicate it has been edited.

Moderator Actions

Moderator actions are subject to appeal. The appeal will be handled by a Moderator and an Administrator not involved in the action (if possible).

This agreement may be changed at any time and if you do not agree to be bound by any changes then you will notify an Administrator and will immediately step down as a Moderator or Administrator.

saint charles mo
    I would I own Top Level Detail!

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
    I would be interested as well.
    Gloss Wurkz Detailing
    Regina, Sk

I would be interested! Been here a while, I have moderated in other forums before.

Id be interested, i dont have alot of post here but i have been a moderator on a car forum for many years, and been detailing cars for some time along with owning almost at least one of everything from the CG site already haha