Thread: Apply dressing to exterior rubber around windows

Apply dressing to exterior rubber around windows

Does anyone have a good idea on how to apply dressing to the seals around the side windows. When I use an applicator pad or microfiber towel I tend to get it on the glass and chrome trim.

I have purchased the 1 inch black foam sponge paint brushes and the work really well. Also have been good around the instrument gauge panel on the interior of my car. The benefit is u can cut the handle shorter of u need to or shape the sponge part with scissors to fit where ever u need them to. I just put a quick spray of product and start spreading it. I seem to use less product also.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

after a wash, slap the dressing on using your foam applicator, then clean the glass.

always clean glass last.. that way, it doesn't matter what else you get on it during the rest of your detail process.

MattMan Thx for the reply. I do the glass last just hate getting the dressing on the window. Drives me nuts. I'm a lot OCD.

A trick That I use and you don;t mind spending the time and spending a few dollars is to use a a foam brush form Home Depot, they come in all different sizes. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Linzer-1-...8515/205671669
    You'll have better control, but also there is option to use painter tape if you really wan to be anal..lol