Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Remove Wax Or Polish From Trim

How To Remove Wax Or Polish From Trim

Hey everyone just wondering if anyone has any tips on getting Wax or Polish or sealant off trim plastics also how is everyone avoiding getting it on the trims in the first place

thanks in advance guys

these tips would also be great in video form

You can tape off trim if you want to keep from getting Wax or sealant on them. Or you can try to be careful, which is what I usually do.

You can remove it with a pink pencil eraser, or Mothers makes a product that removes it. Or just any ol' APC and a toothbrush usually works too.

^^Agreed. 1/2" masking tape on the trim is quick to apply & save lots of time cleaning up the mess that's left behind without using it.

thanks guys i know this might be a dumber question any recommendation on APC?

CG probably makes one, I don't know, but I've had a gallon of Meg's for a couple of years & used it in the diluted form on a variety of tasks.

Nonsense would be a good APC for this kind of task, or AllClean+ are my two favorites.

Use a pink block pencil eraser works like a charm

I use AllClean+ works great at 10:1 I am sure Nonsense does a great job also I personally have never used it to remove anything from trim.

Another nod to Nonsense or AllClean, they are two very good APC, use with an old toothbrush (or buy one for detailing!) to get into the small folds etc that you can't get to with an eraser. Prevention is the best though, a few minutes with tape prevents a long time with a toothbrush or eraser.
    Last edited by Cal Blacksmith; 11-24-2014 at 04:10 AM.

Two things you can use are quick detail spray or mix up some citrus wash and gloss. Spray either on it on and use a boars head brush and microfiber towel. That takes it right off. If you use the quick detail spray it will clean off the wax or polish and add a nice finish to the area.