Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Foam VS Microfiber

Quote Originally Posted by PETEGUNZZ View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I am talking about after final polish with DA Machine and applying a nice coat of sealer and then a good wax. I would apply by hand. I have a new Black Sliverado that has swirl and Micro scratches from the dealer when they prepped the truck for delivery. He must of used a rotary buffer with the wool bonnet and did more harm than helped!! I told them not to do it I would just take it dirty and leave it alone but apparently they did not relay the message to the Prep department. It's ok I made them take another $500 off the price for them making it worse.
    Dealerships are the worst at caring for cars. really harp on NOT letting them wash your truck whenever you take it in.

sweet! with that cash you can pick up lots of awesome CG products

I just did. Placed 2 orders in the last 2 weeks. Are you the Matt on all the videos??

Quote Originally Posted by MattMan View Post
    Dealerships are the worst at caring for cars. really harp on NOT letting them wash your truck whenever you take it in.

sweet! with that cash you can pick up lots of awesome CG products
    I just got promoted to the Head Detailer at the dealership I work at, nothing but CG products for this dealership. So all of our cars are NOW being taken care of since I started there. haha

just came back from the dealer, i told them to write in big letters do not wash on my car

If you can apply sealants and waxes by hand with foam. Using MF is just wasting product since LSP's tend to soak into MF more then foam. I only apply 1 LSP via DA just because it's a very watery LSP and needs to go on super thin otherwise I apply by hand.
    1/2 the time once a sealant dries in a pad you won't get it out so you just killed a perfectly fine machine pad. I have the one black foam dedicated to the one LSP.

Quote Originally Posted by PETEGUNZZ View Post
    Are you the Matt on all the videos??
    the one and the only. haha

Quote Originally Posted by TdawgtheGreat View Post
    I just got promoted to the Head Detailer at the dealership I work at, nothing but CG products for this dealership. So all of our cars are NOW being taken care of since I started there. haha
    awesome! spread the word, and do some good for the universe! ;O)

Well, that is ONE dealer out of.... thousands that can care for a car. I still tell them to not wash or touch the car and most times, the service writer says something to the effect of yes I can see you really take care of the car better than nearly everyone that comes in here, it will not be washed.

Hey Matt You guys need to get a video up of Polishing the sides of cars. Not just the flat smooth easy parts like the hoods!!!!! LoL Maybe you guys can give some tips and tricks about polishing on and around all the body lines on fenders and such with a machine.

The sides require a bit less attention to start with. Things happen to flat surfaces more than vertical ones. Everyone's eyes are drawn to hoods and trunk lids but not so much to the sides. That said, there really isn't much different to do the sides vs the hood. Holding the weight of the machine is the biggest thing but the rest apply, study the surface to determine what is needed in the way of repair, hold the buffer flat, move slowly and in a distinct pattern that is designed to cover all the surface.