Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foam VS Microfiber

Foam VS Microfiber

What do people think is better to use to apply wax Foam or Microfiber Pads???

once my car was flawlessly finished with v36 and v38, I proceeded to use microfiber pad + Black light. this caused fine maring on my paint... I have yet to try foam finish which I will do shortly. I will write a post about it soon.

I'd say foam because it usually finishes better.

I just used a black finishing foam pad for Black Light & it turned out great on a car with paint in really good condition. But in the past I've used Meg's MF system with D300 Correction Compound followed by D301 Finishing Wax on neglected paint & the results were eye opening. So I'd say it depends on the condition of the paint and what's been done beforehand as far as clay, polish, glaze, the type of wax being used etc. Trying to isolate only one step in a detailing process is hard to do.

When hand applying wax I use a Foam applicator for paste wax, microfiber for liquid or cream wax. Machine application is usually a blue pad for paste wax and black pad for liquid wax, red pad for sealants.
    Gloss Wurkz Detailing
    Regina, Sk

Microfiber more agressive. To apply wax, use a foam pad by hand and always use a finessing pad on machine

Microfiber pads are only for cutting and polishing paint. To apply glazes/sealants/waxes, use a soft foam pad. I recommend either black or red hex-logic pads.

Don't forget some companies offer mocrofiber hand applicators @Mattman...

Microfiber "pads" refer to machine polishing pads. Microfiber Applicators are different.

Thanks for the feedback. I am talking about after final polish with DA Machine and applying a nice coat of sealer and then a good wax. I would apply by hand. I have a new Black Sliverado that has swirl and Micro scratches from the dealer when they prepped the truck for delivery. He must of used a rotary buffer with the wool bonnet and did more harm than helped!! I told them not to do it I would just take it dirty and leave it alone but apparently they did not relay the message to the Prep department. It's ok I made them take another $500 off the price for them making it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by TdawgtheGreat View Post
    Microfiber "pads" refer to machine polishing pads. Microfiber Applicators are different.
    +10,000,000

thanks for the assist!

lol