Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Experience with Ecosmart, Thoughts of Techniques improvements

First Experience with Ecosmart, Thoughts of Techniques improvements

Hi all,

Test subject: very dirty car, few months of neglect

Summary:
    Ecosmart great in light-med soiled area.
    Marring in heavily soiled areas.

Long edition.

Before I start I like to state clearly though, in the areas where there wasn't that much build up, Ecosmart worked great!

So, I showed my coworker the youtube video of greg using ecosmart. So he bought a gallon to try out. This car hasn't been washed in LONG time. We grab a bunch of fresh microfibers and We go and try it out on his car. I don't know how else to describe it, but it definitely needed a rinse first, Ecosmart itself I don't think was a good choice. There were clear line marks where we swiped in one direction. I even adjust my hand so the build up wasn't in one location. I also remembered to use no pressure.

My thoughts to combat this issue in the future is to team up hose free ecowash with ecosmart. Fill up a bucket of hose free ecowash and all my microfiber towels. So they are all soaked. Spray down the surface with ecosmart, then proceed to do a rinsless wash. Rather than do a 2 bucket wash, disregard the used towel. Or of course I can spray down the car then do the above.

What do you guys think?

A heavier application of the ecosmart would have solved the issues, but sound like in this case that would have been A LOT of product to get the desired results.

Ive been using this product for almost a year and have had nothing but great results. I do know what you mean about the line marks after the first wipe and I usually just give it a light second spray before buffing it out. Personally, I think I got better application by switching out the spray bottles and going with something like the Kwazar double action sprayer. Just make sure you shake the bottle well before using to make sure that the clay doesn't sink to the bottom.

Not sure how many people on here attended the giveaway they had at the beginning of the month, but there is a newer version of Ecosmart that is even better than the last one. Havent seen it advertised for sale on the site though.

You have to use a lot of product on a dirty car to yield great results. Ecosmart is also one of if not the most expensive products in this type of product. I consider Infinite Use Detail Juice, UWW+ and Ecosmart the three that I am aware of that are claimed to perform multiple tasks.
    1 gallon of Ecosmart is $90 making 16 gallons of product at a cost of $5.62 a gallon
    I personally use Infinite Use Detail Juice. I like supporting small business owners.
    1 gallon of detail juice is $160 and makes 51 gallons at a cost of $3.12 a gallon.
    $160 that's a lot of cash.
    Let's buy 2 gallons of Ecosmart for $180 makes 32 gallons of product at the cost of $5.62 a gallon.
    When you are doing a wash with these types of products you will use at least a gallon of product for a entire average size car to get the results of a traditional wash. Ecosmart is a good product I'm not knocking the performance. I am just showing you another product that performs extremely well and replaces multiple products in your arsenal. That saves me even more money
    The end all be all is price per gallon. Detailing part-time to make money that is bottom line. Performance and cost.

Quote Originally Posted by inDetail View Post
    Let's buy 2 gallons of Ecosmart for $180 makes 32 gallons of product at the cost of $5.62 a gallon.
    When you are doing a wash with these types of products you will use at least a gallon of product for a entire average size car to get the results of a traditional wash. Ecosmart is a good product I'm not knocking the performance. I am just showing you another product that performs extremely well and replaces multiple products in your arsenal. That saves me even more money
    The end all be all is price per gallon. Detailing part-time to make money that is bottom line. Performance and cost.
    4 oz of EcoSmart will detail an average mid-sized car. one gallon of EcoSmart RU can clean up to 32 cars for a cost of about $0.18/car.

4 ounces on a dirty car?

While I have only been doing this and using Ecosmart for a few months, I can not possibly see how you could use a GALLON on a car!! I use it MUCH more liberally than the directions and I use less than a quart on a dirty car and less than half of that on a cleaner car, and the 4 oz on a light dirt car.
    It need not be a dripping wet surface to prevent scratching and to lift all the dirt, just keep rotating the MF towel while wiping to keep from letting the dirt get thick on the contact location and it works well.

Now I am not advising to use Ecosmart on a vehicle that, say just finished mud bogging and has thick caked on mud but for normal dirt it works great. Perhaps it is just me, IDK.
    Last edited by Cal Blacksmith; 09-14-2014 at 07:59 AM.

deleted, double post

I'm convinced hosefree eco wash is way more economical at least for me since im not in a water restricted area. It's great stuff. its like washing your whole car with quick detail spray. I'm not sure how i will feel after my whole drive way is filled with ice and snow.

I have cleaned lightly to medium soiled vehicles (including my own) with about 4oz of Eco-smart. It doesn't take a lot, unless the vehicle is heavily soiled.