Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V32, v34, v36,v38 series used

V32, v34, v36,v38 series used

I would like to see the entire v line used on a car in an episode! Can yall make that happen?!

the problem is, not every car needs such a level of correction. usually it seems that most people do 2 steps,

One with V32/V34, then another with V36/V38... or V32/V34 -> V36 --> V38

That is my guess, then again I'm no pro

It would have to be a pretty trashed paint finish to need all 4 steps. I don't think I've ever seen them use V32 in any of their videos
    2014 BMW 328i Sportline--Arctic White/Black, 8 speed
    tinted windows, clear front reflectors
    2014 BMW 320i--Black Sapphire Metallic/Black, 8 speed
    tinted windows, smoked front reflectors

good observations!

On YouTube, Greg's only used V32 on a hand pad to fix door handle scratches, and on a practice hood with a rotary. (I've just finished annotating and fixing tags on ALL of the CG videos)

The "correct" combination of polishes varies from car to car, and depends on the condition and hardness of the paint. Most cars will improve 80-90% with just one pass of V36. Only heavily swirled cars or very hard clear coats need V34 or V32.

The only other time you'd use heavier compounds would be when you're polishing by hand to compensate for your lack of strength compared to a machine.

ohhh you are the one who has been doing that ? I've noticed they started popping up on older videos hehe.

<3 V36

Greg also used v32 with hand pad to remove paint tranfer on a honda

Saw them all now.... I can now be happy for the rest of my life! ��

Would V32 be a good choice on a 2002 Hyundai Elantra that has never had its paint protected. I mean its never been waxed and there are scratches and noticeable blemishes in the clearcoat with some down to the paint. So I was thinking V32 --> V36 and then maybe V38! I would bet this car would be a good candidate for all 4 polishes.

Pictures with good light will help us tell you. When detailing you want to use the LEAST aggressive method that you can and move down slowly by either changing your compounds or your polishes. And if the marring, swirls, go past he clear coat, and the rule of thumb is if it can catch your finger nail. It probably won't be able to be fixed by polishing.

Depends on the level of damage. Keep in mind that level will not be the same in all places. You may have to spot correct with 32 where in another spot 32 would be too much. The paint needs to be trashed to warrant compounding the entire car with 32. You can take paint off but you cannot put it back.
    Just to demonstrate. If I bothered to waste my time on my 03 focus for anything other then practice and product testing I would do one complete pass with let's say 32 or something equal to. Then go back and spot sand deeper scratches then polish out. Like I said if. Spending 40+ hours fixing the paint on that car would be a huge waste of time. I use it for practice, product tests and service examples for clients. There's a reason I detail and drive a trashed beater.