Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Episode of Detail Garage - Washing the 1996 Honda Civic DX

Administrator

Exclamation New Episode of Detail Garage - Washing the 1996 Honda Civic DX

Hey guys, here is the next episode of our show Detail Garage - Be sure to post all your questions below for our special mail call episode, we will select some lucky few questions to be answered! Sit back, enjoy and happy detailing!!!

Great episode! But I do have one question, did you mix the Citrus Wash and Glossworkz together and use them at the same time or was the car washed twice, each with a different cleaner? Thanks!

Great episode, and you and Korey killed it in front of the camera! Maybe time for the both of you to add some weekly videos along with Greg's?!
    Jen is a great addition as well, super cute personality!
    2014 BMW 328i Sportline--Arctic White/Black, 8 speed
    tinted windows, clear front reflectors
    2014 BMW 320i--Black Sapphire Metallic/Black, 8 speed
    tinted windows, smoked front reflectors

Administrator
    Hey O.C.D. It was added together, 1 oz of each in the same wash bucket

Administrator
    Thanks Xena - We will be putting out content and other videos along with Detail Garage, like I've said, we had over 160+ hours of footage to edit and touch up on Detail Garage. Stay tuned and you'll see us more often on videos. And THANKS for the comments We truly enjoy making this series for all the detailing community.

Wow, thanks Guy's and Gal's! This is off to a great start. I can already tell these segments are going to truly help and inspire.

Make'm Shine!

Loved the video just confused on why you used Sticky Gel wheel cleaner instead of Diablo? It seems like you guys have been using Diablo in almost every video for a while now and was wondering why you switched.

Awesome so far. Thanks for creating this series. Looking forward to the next episode already!

I think you guys are doing a great job of illustrating proper washing regimens. One thing I think is always overlooked is bug and tar removal. This is very important because if someone goes outside and just starts washing the bugs off with a mitt, they are actually rubbing the exoskeletons and wings and legs and bodies of all the dead bugs all over their bumper and hood and mirrors and roof. I think it is equally important to emphasize on how to properly remove bug guts and other things that are stuck to the front of your vehicle prior to physically touching the paint with a wash media.

My personal favorite regimen:
    -soak the front end and every forward facing part of the car with a water hose.
    -let sit for a couple minutes to soften up bug guts and debris
    -spray the debris off with high pressure water at an angle to help remove stuck on debris.
    -spray on a bug and tar remover of your choice and let sit again for a couple minutes to continue to soften up debris.
    -spray off again with high pressure water at an angle to remove any left over guts and debris.

At this point you should have achieved a clean or near clean surface ready to tackle any stuck on residue that would not come off with bug and tar remover and high pressure water.

Proper bug control starts with tackling it as soon as the bugs and debris are deposited onto the surface. This regimen is more suited for the person that neglects washing the front end for an extended period of time however, it will work pretty well for just about all applications.

Quote Originally Posted by lockdownx99 View Post
    I think you guys are doing a great job of illustrating proper washing regimens. One thing I think is always overlooked is bug and tar removal. This is very important because if someone goes outside and just starts washing the bugs off with a mitt, they are actually rubbing the exoskeletons and wings and legs and bodies of all the dead bugs all over their bumper and hood and mirrors and roof. I think it is equally important to emphasize on how to properly remove bug guts and other things that are stuck to the front of your vehicle prior to physically touching the paint with a wash media.

My personal favorite regimen:
    -soak the front end and every forward facing part of the car with a water hose.
    -let sit for a couple minutes to soften up bug guts and debris
    -spray the debris off with high pressure water at an angle to help remove stuck on debris.
    -spray on a bug and tar remover of your choice and let sit again for a couple minutes to continue to soften up debris.
    -spray off again with high pressure water at an angle to remove any left over guts and debris.

At this point you should have achieved a clean or near clean surface ready to tackle any stuck on residue that would not come off with bug and tar remover and high pressure water.

Proper bug control starts with tackling it as soon as the bugs and debris are deposited onto the surface. This regimen is more suited for the person that neglects washing the front end for an extended period of time however, it will work pretty well for just about all applications.
    Great info! Similar to CGs new YouTube video where Jake demonstrates this

My main question is--Does the properly diluted CG bug and tar remover (as Jake shows) remove any protectants (sealant, wax, etc)?
    2014 BMW 328i Sportline--Arctic White/Black, 8 speed
    tinted windows, clear front reflectors
    2014 BMW 320i--Black Sapphire Metallic/Black, 8 speed
    tinted windows, smoked front reflectors