Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What vacuum do you use?

What vacuum do you use?

Just curious to know what vacuum you guys use and what you like about it.

I use the Rigid Portable 5hp with the Professional hose upgrade. It has fantastic power and a lifetime warranty. It also only costs around $90 plus $35 for the hose upgrade.

Ive had mine for 2 years now with no issues.

I use a big Rigid shop vac with smaller auto detailing hoses and the wide and crevice nozzles. it's like, 12 gallons big and has a 6HP motor or something ridiculous. it sucks.

I use a Rigid wet/dry shop vac as well. Not sure of the size, but it is pretty stupid big. I bought it about 8 years ago and it has always served me well. Though I would like some different ends for it so that it could get into some tighter areas. What is this hose upgrade you speak of?

Is this the kit you were speaking of?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-Pr...keyword=VT2534

that's the kit!

skip the package kit though, just get the hose and two nozzles on the top tier of the picture. save some $$$

I also bought the muffler.. it doesn't make the vacuum "quieter" per se, but it changes the "note" of the vacuum sound... i guess it's less-unpleasant with it on!

I use the Craftsman Remote Control Wall Mount 5.0 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac. Can turn on/off from the wand. Works great !

I use the Rigid 5 gallon with the pro hose and adapter to use the smaller crevice and wide nozzle tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirdid View Post
    Just curious to know what vacuum you guys use and what you like about it.

I use the Rigid Portable 5hp with the Professional hose upgrade. It has fantastic power and a lifetime warranty. It also only costs around $90 plus $35 for the hose upgrade.

Ive had mine for 2 years now with no issues.
    I recently got an ArmorAll wet/dry vac, and it works great. It is pretty basic but it seems to be good quality, has good attachments and it was only $32.

http://www.target.com/p/armor-all-ut...y/-/A-13145556

Quote Originally Posted by Wed Turner View Post
    Is this the kit you were speaking of?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-Pr...keyword=VT2534
    I like the looks of that. Going to go check it out... seeing as I need to... go swap the BBQ Tank.

I have 2, a Rigid shop vac (biggest all plastic one at H.D.) and a Sears canister vac I picked up at Goodwill for about $12. The Sears is great because the hand held beater attachment is electric powered so it provides a strong agitation to the carpet fibers and provides a strong suction as well. The down side is though it is a HEPA filtered unit, the bag is small so the shop vac gets the big stuff and the canister vac gets detail work in carpets/seats etc.