PDA

View Full Version : Hard Water Spots On Windows

acadiandetail
04-17-2014, 07:16 PM
Windows are really really bad.
I clay it, compound,....
I have tried every way that I know and there is no good success.

I just called CG and ordered that water spot removal, if you guys have any input. How would you get rid of those spots or what kind of method, chemicals you use.

TdawgtheGreat
04-17-2014, 07:27 PM
you could try to use some 0000 fine steel wool. I've done that before with good results, just compound the window afterwards.

acadiandetail
04-17-2014, 09:27 PM
what compound did you use after @Tdawgthegreat

Two3zz
04-18-2014, 07:41 AM
Windows are really really bad.
I clay it, compound,....
I have tried every way that I know and there is no good success.

I just called CG and ordered that water spot removal, if you guys have any input. How would you get rid of those spots or what kind of method, chemicals you use.

After the CG Water Spot Remover arrives and you have tried it, let us know. I'm think'n that and 'Microfiber' cutting/polishing pads.

TdawgtheGreat
04-18-2014, 12:12 PM
I've used waterspot remover and it works great. I used v34,36,38 when I did it. Probably overkill, but hell, its just a window.

Bunky
04-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Most any paint polish for paint along with a good pad can work, Water Spot Removers can work on some spots but there is also what I call "drizzle" which is old wax, tree stuff, etc. than runs down the windshield.

acadiandetail
04-19-2014, 10:18 PM
@Two3zz, I will let you know with before and after photos
@Tdawgthegreat. I tried all V-line no success

acadiandetail
05-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Ok guys, I have the results.
The heavy duty spot remover works great on paint, it did removed a little on windows though.

then my grandpa came when i was trying to remove the spots and he told me about whink rust stain remover, wal-mart has it and i went got me a bottle.
Using Tdawgthereat idea (0000 fine steel wool) . this whink removed the water spots much better and faster