PDA

View Full Version : white truck

dspina
04-16-2014, 10:48 PM
hey guys i'm sorta new at detailing and a buddy of mine asked me to detail his white chevy 2500. it was used as a work truck so the paint isn't the best. I've used the CG Black on my truck and it came out fantastic. So i was wonder what wax you guys would recommend for a white vehicle?

TdawgtheGreat
04-17-2014, 12:41 AM
Petes '53, and Concours 50/50 are the ones I've used on white paint and they both work great!

inDetail
04-30-2014, 02:46 PM
Pete's is really good.
If your looking for durability Collinite 845 insulator wax. Looks great as well and not expensive. It does have a learning curve.
As far as color specific waxes its just fluff unless the wax is pigmented to back fill fine scratches. If it works on black it will work on white. Just remember that wax just protects maybe adds a little gloss. Appearance is all in the prep

Jake
04-30-2014, 03:07 PM
Yep - Color Matching technology is the only wax that will work on "color" vehicles. Usually on a white car I recommend using a sealant or you can use a sealant and top it with either like a butter wet wax or any of the paste wax that we offer.

dspina
04-30-2014, 10:48 PM
thanks for the tips guys. Like i said before I'm new to the detailing world and really enjoy it! I ordered some concours 50/50 and jetseal to add to my growing arsenal of CG products.

Jake
05-01-2014, 09:59 AM
thanks for the tips guys. Like i said before I'm new to the detailing world and really enjoy it! I ordered some concours 50/50 and jetseal to add to my growing arsenal of CG products.

Can't go wrong with 50/50 or JetSeal. both are phenomenal products!