PDA

View Full Version : Foam Cannon Question

n3rd
03-04-2014, 02:14 PM
I have recently watched several YouTube videos in reference to Chem Guys Foam Cannon... one was comparing the old "high pressure" version with a new version that did much better with lower pressure... I am only wanting a washer to do the car... so I was planning on picking up a 2000psi 1.75gpm electric unit... Yes I know the gas guys are going to slam me but hey! It's quieter, cheaper, and I don't have to keep up with maintenance on a mower much less buy gas for it...

Does anyone know what Foam Cannon the "better with lower pressure" model is?

Thanks,

J

n3rd
03-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Anyone? Anyone from Chemical Guys proper out there?

JohnsHandWash&Wax
03-05-2014, 12:22 PM
2000 PSI should do well with both honestly. To be "safe," get the lower pressure one. Make sure to get soap specifically designed to foam as well.

n3rd
03-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know the model of the unit better with lower pressure devices? I think it's the newer MTM but not the Torx?

TurtlePower
03-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Both Torq & MTM works the same way, higher the pressure the better the foam. I believe both are rated up to 5000psi if I remember correctly. I have an electric Karcher pressure washer, but I had to get a "K" fitting to make it work. The Karcher didn't push out as much foam as a gas one but works fine for residential use. Just Google Karcher Pressure Washer K fittings and you will get many hits. Foam will depend on what shampoo you are using as well, CG has the best selection in my opinion. Just remember to use warm water to fill up the foam cannon tank to mix with shampoo.

n3rd
03-06-2014, 05:01 PM
I watched a youtube video... I may try to find and link... where a gent used both the "old" and the "new" and there was a big difference in the foam produced... he was also using an electric... I just wish he had said what the name of the old and new were...

Bunky
03-07-2014, 01:48 PM
MTM's higher pressure model is 14.0263 and the lower pressure model is 14.0349 but seems the lower pressure model is either been discontinued or limited availability.

I have an electric pw (1400 psi) and Camspray bottle. These pics are with CG Honey Dew. The foam was very good with very good clinging (what I want). This was about 2 oz in 15 oz bottle and could do 2 vehicles.

For automotive cleaning, 1400 to 1600 psi is plenty but gas offers more pressure/GPM but improperly used can cause a lot of damage.

http://angphoto.smugmug.com/Detailing/ANG-Gallery/i-wBqJhgD/0/X3/ANG_2602-1-X3.jpg

http://angphoto.smugmug.com/Detailing/ANG-Gallery/i-KJjxZq2/0/X3/ANG_2616-1-X3.jpg

n3rd
03-11-2014, 06:15 PM
I have the skinny.... I called MTM (I was worried because some sites list the Low Pressure variant as discontinued) The sites product is not discontinue -- the low pressure variant is out there and currently being made. It WAS engineered strictly for lower pressure units (electric) and comes with a bayonet fitting for a Karcher Electric compressor // in addition it also comes with a standard connector if you have a different manufacturer M22??? They said it will perform better than the high-pressure unit when both used on an electric. The product was showing discontinued as there were some problems with the Karcher bayonet fitting, they have addressed the issues. Also, new versions of the unit (same part number) will come with a brass bayonet fitting and not a plastic, both older and newer version come with brass m22 connections.