PDA

View Full Version : VSS followed up with V38? Help

Bchacon
02-24-2016, 08:25 AM
I have a question about using the VSS, V36 and the V38. My plan to remove light swirls and scratches from my car. I'm obviously going to wash and clay the whole car, after I was going to use V36 or VSS. I'm just wondering if you have to follow VSS up with V38? Or Can i just use V36 or VSS(Orange Pad)> V38(White Pad)> Glossworkz(Blue pad)> Jetseal(Black pad)> Butter wet wax(Red Pad)> V07 detailing spray?

On the chemical guys detailing chart for moderate paint that has light swirls and scratches it says after claying you can move right into a swirl remover and then finish it up with a finishing polish. So I was getting a little confused when I seen videos of CG using the VSS with no finishing polish? Or is the VSS an all in one type of deal. Please and thank you for your help.

ascarbo27
02-26-2016, 07:03 AM
you can use just vss but for me its been leaving some holograms. but if you follow up with gloss workz maybe that will remove some.

GlossWurkz
03-01-2016, 07:42 PM
VSS has a diminishing abrasive, so the more it is worked the finer the abrasive gets. You shouldn't need a finishing polish on most colors. Dark colors may need V38. Then apply your coating(s).