PDA

View Full Version : Can Eco-Smart as a clay lubricant and drying aide???

erictski
11-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Trying to limit the amount of products I need to keep in stock in my garage. I like Eco-Smart for quick detail or door jambs, bird droppings.

How would Eco-Smart work as a clay lubricant and also as a drying aide following a traditional 2 bucket wash?

ViperGuy21
11-03-2015, 03:13 PM
It works well as a drying aid(I prefer V07 myself, but Ecosmart is totally fine)
As a clay lubricant, I wouldn't use it. For one, it leaves behind wax and when you're done claying you want a clean surface before you apply your LSP. I would just use Luber. It's super cheap(much cheaper than Ecosmart too)on Amazon and works great. Hope that helped!

GlossWurkz
11-03-2015, 05:56 PM
It works well as a drying aid(I prefer V07 myself, but Ecosmart is totally fine)
As a clay lubricant, I wouldn't use it. For one, it leaves behind wax and when you're done claying you want a clean surface before you apply your LSP. I would just use Luber. It's super cheap(much cheaper than Ecosmart too)on Amazon and works great. Hope that helped!
+1

I believe you can also claybar with P40 QD

ViperGuy21
11-03-2015, 06:16 PM
You CAN clay bar with any detail spray, but ones that don't leave anything behind are best