PDA

View Full Version : Clay bars

parkosbt50
08-29-2015, 04:10 AM
Hi guys currently using a meguiars clay kit and I am wondering what would be the equivalent clay bar to these not sure if I should get an aggressive clay bar or a fine one to achieve good results thanks in advance

Dogcatcher
08-29-2015, 07:23 AM
It's a matter of personal preference. If I'm doing a small area (motorcycle parts or one panel on a car) then I like to use the OG clay bar. If I'm doing large area (whole cor or lage hood) then I use a clay mitt. Always use the least aggressive first.

ViperGuy21
08-29-2015, 10:13 AM
Hi guys currently using a meguiars clay kit and I am wondering what would be the equivalent clay bar to these not sure if I should get an aggressive clay bar or a fine one to achieve good results thanks in advance

The MEGS Clay kit is a fine clay. I would recommend either the OG or fine bar if you want clay. I would also highly recommend the clay block

NewEdgeDetailing
08-29-2015, 02:15 PM
The MEGS Clay kit is a fine clay. I would recommend either the OG or fine bar if you want clay. I would also highly recommend the clay block
See I don't like the clay block. The synthetic clay material likes to delaminate itself from the foam block all the time. I've been through three each of which did this

ViperGuy21
08-29-2015, 02:55 PM
See I don't like the clay block. The synthetic clay material likes to delaminate itself from the foam block all the time. I've been through three each of which did this

Really? I have not had that problem. I've used mine probably 3 times and had no issues

NewEdgeDetailing
08-29-2015, 03:46 PM
Really? I have not had that problem. I've used mine probably 3 times and had no issues

Yea I rather use the clay bar. For some reason I have no luck with those things

ViperGuy21
08-29-2015, 08:20 PM
Yea I rather use the clay bar. For some reason I have no luck with those things

That's unfortunate that you have had bad experiences with them.
There's nothing wrong with the traditional clay bar though! I used one today haha

parkosbt50
08-30-2015, 04:15 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys the Meg's
clay has been doing a good job for me but is pretty expensive for such a small block I will look into the OG clays bars and fine ones cheers