PDA

View Full Version : Detailing business roundup!

Dogcatcher
07-06-2015, 09:14 PM
Hey everyone! I wanted to start a thread about those of us that have a detailing business. Post up a picture of you business logos, t shirts, gear, cards, vans, trailers. Tell us a little about yourself, your business, your experience, and your favorite Chemical Guys products. If your a master detailer or a weekend warrior, lets hear from ya!

Dogcatcher
07-07-2015, 07:21 AM
I've worked in the car painting/customizing since I was about 16. I started Red Devil about a year ago. Since then, I've had a logo created, business cards done, and t-shirts done to promote my business. I only use Chemical Guys products for all my details. My favorite CG product is probably Bare Bones. A lot of people don't expect their wheel wells to look that good. They always focas on the paint. But they are surprised to see fresh wheel wells. Even on cars. Another way to impress people with your attention to detail.

demon-hemi
07-07-2015, 12:03 PM
who did your logos, id love to have some made (ill be starting my own soon)

Dogcatcher
07-07-2015, 03:18 PM
A friend of mine did it for me. I'm really happy with the way it all turned out. Demon, I've seen your work, you should start up! I'll PM you.

ARAZO
07-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Im ready to start a business...Just need to come up with a name and slogan

Dogcatcher
07-07-2015, 08:39 PM
Im ready to start a business...Just need to come up with a name and slogan
ARAZO, you know CG products inside and out! You need to make the jump. Lol.

demon-hemi
07-08-2015, 05:17 AM
A friend of mine did it for me. I'm really happy with the way it all turned out. Demon, I've seen your work, you should start up! I'll PM you.

thanks man, my neighbors tell me the same thing, im planning on getting a vehicle that I can turn into a mobile detailing setup here soon

Dogcatcher
07-08-2015, 07:08 AM
I wander if you could use CG name or logo on the side of a van or on a banner to tell customers that you use exclusively their products. I want to have a banner made cause I'm gonna do a couple of events soon.

demon-hemi
07-08-2015, 02:41 PM
that's not a bad idea, I may add the CG logo and just put in text, exclusive CG products only

Dogcatcher
07-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Demon, have you thought of a name yet or have a logo idea?

demon-hemi
07-09-2015, 05:18 AM
yeah ive thought up a few names, but as far as a logo, that will take some time

Dogcatcher
07-09-2015, 07:11 AM
Yeah. It took me a while too. It's got to be "catchy". Something you don't hear all the time. When you see "joes plumbing" going down the road you don't give it a second thought.

TdawgtheGreat
07-20-2015, 08:35 PM
This is my business Logo and cards. Not too bad for the first go around.

Dogcatcher
07-21-2015, 07:26 AM
That is super clean. Looks high end. Any plans to get some shirts done?

ARAZO
07-21-2015, 08:51 AM
This is my business Logo and cards. Not too bad for the first go around.

I like the carbon fiber background. Im working on getting a business card design going right now and was trying to tie in carbon fiber. very nice

Dogcatcher
07-21-2015, 02:27 PM
Saving up enough money to get my shirts printed up. I had no idea how much this stuff costs. I thought I was just going to get them printed up, sell a few, give a few away to my buddies. Lol. You just cant afford to do that on the first go round. I really just want to make my money back. Lol. It's crazy to see all these company's giving away free merchandise. Just my stickers alone cost me 3-5 bucks each. For a big corporation its probably a little easier to swallow. but for a small business it really hits your wallet. Lol. But, nothing ventured is nothing gained.

TdawgtheGreat
07-24-2015, 01:29 AM
Yeah I've been meaning to print up some shirts and work clothes for awhile, just havn't gotten to it. My buddy made my Logo while screensharing on Skype with me from Canada haha. Took us about an hour to make the Facebook Banner/Background logo, and then the business card stuff.

Dogcatcher
07-24-2015, 08:33 AM
I'm getting ready to submit my first shirt order to the screen printer in the next few days. I had to make a change to the layout and I was trying to get as many pre orders as possible before I submit.

Dogcatcher
08-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Shirts came in today.

pr0j3kt
08-10-2015, 11:42 PM
I'd say I buy one but I'm anti red. Has nothing to do with gangs or any crap I've just never liked the color red. Shirts did come out awesome. I lived in Bakersfield for 4 years.

Dogcatcher
08-11-2015, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the compliment. the color goes with my theme. Lol. If you know anyone that wants one, let me know.

TFTADETAIL
08-11-2015, 01:20 PM
I'll bite ...... Had to add a couple of the detail rig, Of course. ;-)

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/mnkybiznes/13d6f31e-c389-42a7-8295-1546dc677c11_zpsylkzszu4.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/mnkybiznes/IMG_0068-2_zpso16bmjix.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/mnkybiznes/image1_zpsfzjw2jfh.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/mnkybiznes/95e23c87-59cc-4ea4-8f53-b5bd2f56db8f_zps8rbhjc12.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/mnkybiznes/IMG_0064_zpsrfblybns.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/mnkybiznes/company%20shirt%20front%201_zpsqfcm68z2.png
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/mnkybiznes/company%20shirt%20front%202_zpsth7p8xr9.png

ARAZO
08-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Nice set up!

I bet that beautiful blue really enhances the amount of attention you get, thus driving more business.

Also, its refreshing to see a rig that is actually clean and maintained without solution drippings and in need of a detail of its own.

TFTADETAIL
08-11-2015, 04:24 PM
Nice set up!

I bet that beautiful blue really enhances the amount of attention you get, thus driving more business.

Also, its refreshing to see a rig that is actually clean and maintained without solution drippings and in need of a detail of its own.

Thanks!

Yeah, it definitely is an eye catcher and I've had many compliments on either the color, trailer or both. I guess it helps that I'm am OCD. I wipe the truck and trailer down twice a day and apply CQuartz Reload to both at least twice a week.

But, it helps me sleep at night and drive my wife nuts. :rolleyes:

ARAZO
08-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Thanks!

Yeah, it definitely is an eye catcher and I've had many compliments on either the color, trailer or both. I guess it helps that I'm am OCD. I wipe the truck and trailer down twice a day and apply CQuartz Reload to both at least twice a week.

But, it helps me sleep at night and drive my wife nuts. :rolleyes:

do you have a cquartz coating on it as well?

TFTADETAIL
08-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Not on my truck.. Just the Reload "coating".

I do have it applied to my wife's Cadillac ATS though. I haven't actually applied a deep polish to her car. I have gone over it with clay and a lite polishing though.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/mnkybiznes/IMG_0069_zpsjegr4t7c.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/mnkybiznes/IMG_0068_zpscav4c9su.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/mnkybiznes/IMG_0067_zpshwcswi7t.jpg

Dogcatcher
08-11-2015, 10:49 PM
Wow! Nice rig. That's a clean set up. I hope to get to that point one day. What's the Quartz reload? Is that a quick detailer?

TFTADETAIL
08-12-2015, 06:50 AM
Thanks Dog!

CQuartz Reload is a spray-on silica sealant. It's hydrophobic and is really a great product in about every way. There are lots of different CQuartz coating products, but for my truck I use the Reload.

I offer all but the CQuartz Finest (in the process of becoming a company sanctioned installer of this) on my website as detail services. The Reload will give upwards of 6 months protection. The gloss & depth of the shine is worth the price of admission ...... :cool:

Dogcatcher
08-12-2015, 07:18 AM
M
Thanks Dog!

CQuartz Reload is a spray-on silica sealant. It's hydrophobic and is really a great product in about every way. There are lots of different CQuartz coating products, but for my truck I use the Reload.

I offer all but the CQuartz Finest (in the process of becoming a company sanctioned installer of this) on my website as detail services. The Reload will give upwards of 6 months protection. The gloss & depth of the shine is worth the price of admission ...... :cool:
Silica sealant? Sounds interesting. Does it attract dust? I'm interested in learning more.

TFTADETAIL
08-12-2015, 07:43 AM
Nope. This stuff doesn't attract anything. The only thing that won't blow off going down the road is tree pollen. It rinses right off, but unlike nearly everything else it likes to wait for you to dust or rinse it off.

It's extremely hydrophobic. Meaning it repels water ...... not just beading like other waxes/sealants. It actually repels water. I have had my truck perfectly clean (pulling the trailer as well which also has the CQuartz applied) and gone through a heavy downpour for maybe a 10 mile stretch on the freeway. It stops raining by the time I get to the shop. Looking at the truck and trailer it looks like I never drove in the rain. You'll see where water had dried on the hood, but nothing resembling the grungy freeway dirt on the sides of the truck or trailer. I would expect that the same won't hold true if you drove a week long with wet weather everyday.

As a matter of fact, after driving for most of the evening (LOTS of nighttime bugs in Texas) the front bumper will be plastered with bugs. I use a California duster religiously on our vehicles. The bugs wipe RIGHT OFF. Seriously, no residue or evidence of bug guts anywhere that I have the CQuartz applied to.

There are different kinds of CQuartz for tires, glass, interior vinyl/leather, exterior trim ....... I don't use all of them, but there are several types to choose from. I won't post a link to the website, but you can Google CQuartz CarPro-US to find more.
I offer CQuartz coatings for customers.

ARAZO
08-12-2015, 09:23 AM
its cheapper than ss6 too! cquartz makes some great stuff. I tried out a few samples of their products and was very impressed.

TFTADETAIL
08-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Yeah, I really love it. Whatever color you apply it to will become darker/richer in color while the CQuartz product cures.

demon-hemi
08-12-2015, 10:45 AM
damn wish you were closer, its been so dang hot here in Houston these past few weeks, I have not felt up to detailing, I did a simple wash and quick detail on it last weekend and almost died, and it honestly has seemed hotter in the shade lately lol

pr0j3kt
08-12-2015, 10:47 AM
SS6 isn't a coating tho. They say it's just a spray type paint sealant. I have 2 bottles of it 1 new and one that I've used on my glass and iPads (nieces/nephews sticky fingers.) I haven't tried cquartz but I'm going too.

What's the difference between reload and hydro2??

ChandlerB
08-12-2015, 11:07 AM
I manage a detail bay for a company called Platinum Car Wash and Detail here in Utah. They have 4 locations, and I manage the busiest detail location in Draper.

https://platinumcarwash.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/header-non-holiday2015e-3.png

TFTADETAIL
08-12-2015, 02:59 PM
Nice! Lots of responsibility there.
I have owned a handful of shops in the S. OC of California.
Hiring employees was the most difficult part of ownership. Trusting was second.

ChandlerB
08-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Nice! Lots of responsibility there.
I have owned a handful of shops in the S. OC of California.
Hiring employees was the most difficult part of ownership. Trusting was second.

I'm sure! Picking the right people to work for me is hard enough, and I don't own the company!!

TdawgtheGreat
08-13-2015, 02:02 AM
SS6 isn't a coating tho. They say it's just a spray type paint sealant. I have 2 bottles of it 1 new and one that I've used on my glass and iPads (nieces/nephews sticky fingers.) I haven't tried cquartz but I'm going too.

What's the difference between reload and hydro2??

Reload is a spray on, wipe off sealant. Hydro2 is a water activated sealant. So reload is applied after washing and drying the car. Hydro2 you Wash, rinse, and while the car is still wet you mist it onto the panel, and rinse off with water and bam. Its sealed. Do the whole car, dry it off and you are done.

TFTADETAIL
08-14-2015, 07:28 AM
Yup.

The Hydro2 is the easiest to use, but I don't want to have to go back and have to dry the vehicle afterward.

How I apply the Reload is this ......

It takes VERY little to apply to the paint as it will spread out the more the applicator/MF cloth gets saturated. Btw, use a folded a MF cloth. I just feel better with using it over an applicator.

I'll spritz a section at a time. Take the folded cloth and lightly apply it to the spritzed section with a back & forth motion while ensuring you're getting an even coverage. It'll look like kind of an oily residue, but is dry to the touch.
I'll go over the entire vehicle. Use one of the most plush MF cloths you have and begin wiping the vehicle down. It doesn't take a lot of pressure to remove the CQuartz, but it will take a little more concentration. You should be able to feel the high spots as you wipe it off.

Once you've wiped the entire vehicle and feel you have it all removed then go ahead and pull mit out in the sun and let it cure for a couple of hours or so. The vehicle is going to look great once you've wiped it down, BUT it's going to look awesome once the CQuartz has cured for a while!

GlossWorkZ
09-30-2015, 02:04 PM
I know this thread is a little dated, however I'm in the infant stages of trying to start a little side gig Detailing.